    (the other tabs i have put on that strip there work fine

    Be grateful for anyone's help.

    Alexander
    alexander, Nov 29, 2004

  2. alexander wrote:
    > Does anybody know why the "latest headlines" tab is not loading?
    >
    > For the first few weeks of using Firefox it was working fine, but then
    > I press on the tab and it just says:
    > Live Bookmark Loading
    >
    > (the other tabs i have put on that strip there work fine
    >
    > Be grateful for anyone's help.
    >
    > Alexander

    I noticed the same problem last night.

    Lee
    Leonidas Jones, Nov 29, 2004

  3. alexander

    Tom Davis Guest

    Mine has stopped working , no word on why live bookmark loading appeared .
    It doesn't work.
    So maybe it is a system thing.
    Unless we have to download something for this change, which is why I'm
    answering .
    Is there another site we can ask that mozilla runs?? I was thinking about
    trying to reload mozilla but that doesn't make sense at this point.

    Tom Davis, Dec 1, 2004
  4. alexander

    Tom Davis Guest

    Mine too! Hope someone will post an answer to the problem.

    Tom Davis, Dec 1, 2004
  5. Tom Davis wrote:
    > Mine too! Hope someone will post an answer to the problem.
    > "alexander" <> wrote in message
    >
    >>Does anybody know why the "latest headlines" tab is not loading?
    >>
    >>For the first few weeks of using Firefox it was working fine, but then
    >>I press on the tab and it just says:
    >>Live Bookmark Loading
    >>
    >>(the other tabs i have put on that strip there work fine
    >>
    >>Be grateful for anyone's help.
    >>
    >>Alexander

    Your prayers may be answered.

    I went into my profile folder, and noticed a bookmarks,bak, same size as
    bookmarks.html.

    I have been experimenting with John Haller's brilliant Portible Firefox
    and Thunderbird. I suspect an incorrect shutdown, perhaps caused by
    removing my portible usb drive before it had shut down fully. Whatever
    the reason, I renamed the bookmarks.bak to bookmarks.html, and suddenly
    the live bookmarks cama alive once again.

    Lee
    Leonidas Jones, Dec 2, 2004
  6. alexander

    Bob Guest

    "Tom Davis" <> wrote:

    > Mine too! Hope someone will post an answer to the problem. "alexander"
    > <> wrote in message
    > > Does anybody know why the "latest headlines" tab is not loading?
    > >
    > > For the first few weeks of using Firefox it was working fine, but then I
    > > press on the tab and it just says: Live Bookmark Loading
    > >
    > > (the other tabs i have put on that strip there work fine
    > >
    > > Be grateful for anyone's help.
    > >
    > > Alexander

    I think that the web page at mozilla that the live bookmark is pointing to
    has disappeared. I have managed to set a live bookmark pointing at a
    bbc.co.uk web site working and it looks similar to the mozilla one.

    Go to http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/default.stm and left click on the
    strange symbol that appears at the bottom right of your browser. Select
    'Subscribe to RSS' and save in your bookmarks. I think that should do it.

    More info at
    http://kb.mozillazine.org/index.phtml?title=Live_Bookmarks_Overview:_Copy_Edit

    --
    Bob
    Bob, Dec 2, 2004
  7. Bob wrote:
    > "Tom Davis" <> wrote:
    >

    >>Mine too! Hope someone will post an answer to the problem. "alexander"
    >><> wrote in message
    >>
    >>>Does anybody know why the "latest headlines" tab is not loading?
    >>>
    >>>For the first few weeks of using Firefox it was working fine, but then I
    >>>press on the tab and it just says: Live Bookmark Loading
    >>>
    >>>(the other tabs i have put on that strip there work fine
    >>>
    >>>Be grateful for anyone's help.
    >>>
    >>>Alexander

    > I think that the web page at mozilla that the live bookmark is pointing to
    > has disappeared. I have managed to set a live bookmark pointing at a
    > bbc.co.uk web site working and it looks similar to the mozilla one.
    >
    > Go to http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/default.stm and left click on the
    > strange symbol that appears at the bottom right of your browser. Select
    > 'Subscribe to RSS' and save in your bookmarks. I think that should do it.
    >
    > More info at
    > http://kb.mozillazine.org/index.phtml?title=Live_Bookmarks_Overview:_Copy_Edit

    No, its up. When I restored my bookmarks.html from backup, the bbc feed
    came right back up.

    Lee
    Leonidas Jones, Dec 3, 2004