Latest Computer Game Has Players Battling An Oppressive NZ Labour Government... or something very ve

Discussion in 'NZ Computing' started by E. Scrooge, Aug 5, 2007.

  1. E. Scrooge

    E. Scrooge Guest

    From the creators of DOOM.

    http://www.stuff.co.nz/4153913a28.html

    I guess people will know for sure if the game voices sound very much like
    Helen Clark, David Benson-Pope (a very real possiblity), Cullen, Mallard,
    King, and a few other Labour MP clowns.

    E. Scrooge
    E. Scrooge, Aug 5, 2007

  2. E. Scrooge

    Guest

    Re: Latest Computer Game Has Players Battling An Oppressive NZ Labour Government... or something very very close to it ;-)

    On Aug 5, 7:15 pm, "E. Scrooge" <scrooge@*shot.co.nz (*sling)> wrote:
    > From the creators of DOOM.
    >
    > http://www.stuff.co.nz/4153913a28.html
    >
    > I guess people will know for sure if the game voices sound very much like
    > Helen Clark, David Benson-Pope (a very real possiblity), Cullen, Mallard,
    > King, and a few other Labour MP clowns.
    >
    > E. Scrooge

    nah: that's just not particularly clever.

    bah humbug. you try-hard.
    , Aug 5, 2007

  3. E. Scrooge

    Katipo Guest

    > From the creators of DOOM.
    >
    > http://www.stuff.co.nz/4153913a28.html
    >
    > I guess people will know for sure if the game voices sound very much like
    > Helen Clark, David Benson-Pope (a very real possiblity), Cullen, Mallard,
    > King, and a few other Labour MP clowns.
    >
    > E. Scrooge

    Apparently the game's creators spent several months in New Zealand studying
    how oppresive governments operate!
    Katipo, Aug 6, 2007
  4. E. Scrooge

    Mickey Mouse Guest

    > From the creators of DOOM.
    >
    > http://www.stuff.co.nz/4153913a28.html
    >
    > I guess people will know for sure if the game voices sound very much like
    > Helen Clark, David Benson-Pope (a very real possiblity), Cullen, Mallard,
    > King, and a few other Labour MP clowns.

    Sure you don't mean this one?

    "An online game in China that allows players to deal to corrupt officials
    has proved so popular its website has crashed. Since its launch eight days
    ago, Incorruptible Fighter has been downloaded more than 100,000 times.
    Devised by a regional government in east China to highlight the problems of
    corrupt officialdom, it allows players to kill and torture bent bureaucrats,
    while assisting the upstanding ones. Along the way, they are led through a
    series of moral challenges before entering a corruption-free paradise."
    http://www.nzherald.co.nz/column/story.cfm?c_id=702&objectid=10455947
    Mickey Mouse, Aug 6, 2007