    and could have been hacked.

    Then again, if this is real, there's a new flash, lens, and 2 new cameras
    that will arrive pretty soon. Hope it's real.

    Kinon O'Cann, Aug 15, 2005

  2. On Mon, 15 Aug 2005 12:14:19 -0400, "Kinon O'Cann"
    <> wrote:

    >In case you missed this one:
    >
    >http://www.p5freak.de/images/cps.gif
    >
    >This is a GIF captured from a European site. However, the site is now down,
    >and could have been hacked.
    >
    >Then again, if this is real, there's a new flash, lens, and 2 new cameras
    >that will arrive pretty soon. Hope it's real.

    FAKE! Note all the other images had explanatory text. Those didn't
    and no webmaster is going to not follow the style of the page.

    -James Nachtwey-
    http://www.jamesnachtwey.com/

    John A. Stovall, Aug 15, 2005

  3. Kinon O'Cann

    l e o Guest

    John A. Stovall wrote:
    > On Mon, 15 Aug 2005 12:14:19 -0400, "Kinon O'Cann"
    > <> wrote:
    >

    >>In case you missed this one:
    >>
    >>http://www.p5freak.de/images/cps.gif
    >>
    >>This is a GIF captured from a European site. However, the site is now down,
    >>and could have been hacked.
    >>
    >>Then again, if this is real, there's a new flash, lens, and 2 new cameras
    >>that will arrive pretty soon. Hope it's real.
    >>

    > FAKE! Note all the other images had explanatory text. Those didn't
    > and no webmaster is going to not follow the style of the page.

    > "I have been a witness, and these pictures are
    > my testimony. The events I have recorded should
    > not be forgotten and must not be repeated."
    >
    > -James Nachtwey-
    > http://www.jamesnachtwey.com/

    Apparently, the info of the 24-105mm f4 L IS lens appeared briefly on a
    Canon European site.

    um... I am hoping for something like 70-200/4L IS!

    l e o, Aug 15, 2005
  4. Kinon O'Cann

    Mark² Guest

    "John A. Stovall" <> wrote in message
    > On Mon, 15 Aug 2005 12:14:19 -0400, "Kinon O'Cann"
    > <> wrote:
    >
    >>In case you missed this one:
    >>
    >>http://www.p5freak.de/images/cps.gif
    >>
    >>This is a GIF captured from a European site. However, the site is now
    >>down,
    >>and could have been hacked.
    >>
    >>Then again, if this is real, there's a new flash, lens, and 2 new cameras
    >>that will arrive pretty soon. Hope it's real.
    >>

    > FAKE! Note all the other images had explanatory text. Those didn't
    > and no webmaster is going to not follow the style of the page.

    I don't think it's fake.
    A person trying to sell a fake would have purposely INCLUDED text to make it
    believable.

    It's also possible that this document was an unauthorized, pre-release
    version which purposely and temporarily withheld descriptions of their
    upcoming releases. The 5D has been identified from numerous sources, as has
    the 430EX. The 24-105 would make perfect sense.

    Mark², Aug 16, 2005
  5. Kinon O'Cann

    Kinon O'cann Guest

    > On Mon, 15 Aug 2005 12:14:19 -0400, "Kinon O'Cann"
    > <> wrote:
    >
    >>In case you missed this one:
    >>
    >>http://www.p5freak.de/images/cps.gif
    >>
    >>This is a GIF captured from a European site. However, the site is now
    >>down,
    >>and could have been hacked.
    >>
    >>Then again, if this is real, there's a new flash, lens, and 2 new cameras
    >>that will arrive pretty soon. Hope it's real.
    >>

    > FAKE! Note all the other images had explanatory text. Those didn't
    > and no webmaster is going to not follow the style of the page.

    I guess we'll all know in about a week. I don't think it's a hoax, but
    nothing would surprise me. I'm hoping it's all real stuff. Until then, me,
    and all of the others who have sipped the Cool Aid will keep our "told you
    so's" in our back pockets. Of course, you can keep your at the ready, as
    well.

    ;-)

    Kinon O'cann, Aug 16, 2005
  6. Kinon O'Cann

    Lilo Guest

    Mark² wrote:
    > "John A. Stovall" <> wrote in message
    >
    >>On Mon, 15 Aug 2005 12:14:19 -0400, "Kinon O'Cann"
    >><> wrote:
    >>

    >>>In case you missed this one:
    >>>
    >>>http://www.p5freak.de/images/cps.gif
    >>>
    >>>This is a GIF captured from a European site. However, the site is now
    >>>down,
    >>>and could have been hacked.
    >>>
    >>>Then again, if this is real, there's a new flash, lens, and 2 new cameras
    >>>that will arrive pretty soon. Hope it's real.
    >>>

    >>FAKE! Note all the other images had explanatory text. Those didn't
    >>and no webmaster is going to not follow the style of the page.

    > I don't think it's fake.
    > A person trying to sell a fake would have purposely INCLUDED text to make it
    > believable.
    >
    > It's also possible that this document was an unauthorized, pre-release
    > version which purposely and temporarily withheld descriptions of their
    > upcoming releases. The 5D has been identified from numerous sources, as has
    > the 430EX. The 24-105 would make perfect sense.

    it is purely planned by Canon to create buzz for free. I think it is
    more effective than their official ad.

    Lilo, Aug 16, 2005
  7. Kinon O'Cann

    Mark² Guest

    "Lilo" <> wrote in message
    > Mark² wrote:
    >> "John A. Stovall" <> wrote in message

    >>>FAKE! Note all the other images had explanatory text. Those didn't
    >>>and no webmaster is going to not follow the style of the page.

    >> I don't think it's fake.
    >> A person trying to sell a fake would have purposely INCLUDED text to make
    >> it believable.
    >>
    >> It's also possible that this document was an unauthorized, pre-release
    >> version which purposely and temporarily withheld descriptions of their
    >> upcoming releases. The 5D has been identified from numerous sources, as
    >> has the 430EX. The 24-105 would make perfect sense.
    >>

    > it is purely planned by Canon to create buzz for free. I think it is more
    > effective than their official ad.

    I agree on both...that they plan it, and that it's most effective.
    :)

    Mark², Aug 16, 2005