    without having to bridge all other traffic, so that bandwidth is conserved
    on the link.

    Thanks

    news.eircom.net, Nov 27, 2003

  2. news.eircom.net

    Geert Guest

    Just a guess:

    access-list 1 permit ip any any <----- for ip
    !
    int serial
    access-class 1 out
    ! define LAT access list that permits all connections
    lat access-list 1 permit .* <------- for lat

    mvg,
    Geert

    "news.eircom.net" <> wrote in message
    > Hi,
    >
    > Using a 2600 series router to pass LAt traffic I have set up a bridge

    group

    Geert, Nov 28, 2003

  3. "news.eircom.net" <> wrote in message news:<ZUtxb.2355$>...
    > Hi,
    >
    > Using a 2600 series router to pass LAt traffic I have set up a bridge group
    > on both the ethernet interface and the serial interface. IP routing is
    > enabled on the router also.
    >
    > How can I write access for LAt to allow it throught the srial interface
    > without having to bridge all other traffic, so that bandwidth is conserved
    > on the link.
    >
    > Thanks

    Use a type filter to allow ethertype 6004 and deny the rest,
    see the IOS docs for bridging if needed. Nothing special will be
    needed for IP, but if is a slow link with high utilisation, you may
    need to use priority Q'ing to let LAT go first. The packets are
    small but LAT was not designed for use over slow WAN links and
    may give problems if you loose even a few packets, LAT does little or
    no retransmits.

    For management you may need to allow the range 6000 - 6008 if I
    remember correctly, check the list of types used.

    Long time ago since I last saw this done......

    frans brinkman, Nov 29, 2003