Last thing I thought I'd need to ask about>>>>> keylogger for my own home computers

Discussion in 'Computer Security' started by Roscoe P Pendoscoe, Nov 22, 2009.

  1. Group,

    Honestly I do not know if this is a good place to start or even ask
    but being as desperate as I am, I needed to start somewhere.

    I have encountered a touchy and crummy issue at home with my Wife of
    10 years.

    She is having secret "chat" sessions from her laptop connected to our
    home office WiFi net with some sex maniac in another area of the
    Country.

    I need to install an undetectable key logger on my own "net". Boy how
    I hate the situation but it is a desperate measure for a desperate
    situation.

    I cannot put a hardware dongle on it as she is computer savvy and
    would instantly see it for what it is.

    Can I hack directly and see & save "chats" in real time since she's on
    my net that I configured?

    Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. I looked at the
    offerings briefly for monitoring your child's activities and don't
    know if they are sophisticated enough to escape her daily use.

    Really I am no nutcase, but my home is falling apart and I need to
    intervene somehow. I am no spy or eavesdropper. Need help, need some
    more info to see how far this has gone so I know if it is past the
    point of saving or I am just doing some wishful thinking.

    Any help would be greatly appreciated.

    Have a Linksys WRT54G with speedbooster. Used to be more involved in
    my setup and now have just become a user and only do the most needed
    things. Easiest and most straight-forward way would be best.

    Thanks so much!

    MrShade

    Knowledge is like money, the less you talk about it
    the more people assume you have.
    Roscoe P Pendoscoe, Nov 22, 2009

  2. Roscoe P Pendoscoe

    Mike Easter Guest

    Roscoe P Pendoscoe wrote:

    > She is having secret "chat" sessions from her laptop connected to our
    > home office WiFi net with some sex maniac in another area of the
    > Country.

    I don't believe your bullsh*t story.

    > I need to install an undetectable key logger on my own "net".

    > I am no spy or eavesdropper.

    Yes, you are.

    Check out webwatcher.

    --
    Mike Easter
    Mike Easter, Nov 22, 2009

  3. David H. Lipman, Nov 22, 2009
  4. Re: Last thing I thought I'd need to ask about>>>>> keylogger formy own home computers

    Evan Platt wrote:
    > On Sun, 22 Nov 2009 16:13:26 +0000, ~BD~
    > <> wrote:
    >
    >> Cross-posted to a better help group.
    >>
    >> I'm sure folk there will give you all the help you so surely deserve!
    >>
    >> Good luck!

    > Cross posting a message, and not including any of the content from the
    > original post.
    >
    > Yep, that'll help all right.

    Gramps was having a senior moment :)

    Instead of a keylogger. I'd suggest the direct approach. Confrontation
    and then some counseling.
    Unless he wants to just "gather evidence" for an impending divorce.

    --
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S39MhPrLQz4

    www.snuhwolf.9f.com | http://www.pavlovianobeisance.com/

    _..._ ___ ___ ___ ___ _..._
    ,' `::. ,~ `:. ,~ `:. ,~ `:. ,~ `:. ,' `::.
    : `::: `:: `:: `:: `:: `:::
    : .::: .:: .:: .:: .:: .:::
    : .:::`. .;' `. .;' `. .;'.`. .;': .:::
    : .::: `.' .`.'.: `.' ::`.' :. .:::
    :. .::' ::: : `: .:::
    `: .:: : : .::'
    : .:: . :. .::
    : ::' `: .::.
    .\ `: ,: :. : .::.:
    :.\ :. :.: :`: .' .::.:
    ::`. : :':: : `: : .;'.:
    : `.; :'.:: : :: ;:' ::
    . :' .::. .: .:: :
    : :' ::: :' .:: .
    : `:: : .::
    :' .::. .: .:::
    : .::: ,:. .:. :' .:::
    : .:::,' `:. ,' `:.: .:::
    : .::: ::: ::: .:::
    : .::: ::: ::: .:::
    `._ .::'.`._.::' `._.::'.`._ .::' _ Seal _
    ~~~ :: :: ~~~
    §ñühw¤£f, Nov 22, 2009
  5. Roscoe P Pendoscoe

    thanatoid Guest

    Roscoe P Pendoscoe <mrshade@I_wont_see_it.net> wrote in

    > Group,
    >
    > Honestly I do not know if this is a good place to start or
    > even ask but being as desperate as I am, I needed to start
    > somewhere.
    >
    > I have encountered a touchy and crummy issue at home with
    > my Wife of 10 years.
    >
    > She is having secret "chat" sessions from her laptop
    > connected to our home office WiFi net with some sex maniac
    > in another area of the Country.
    >
    > I need to install an undetectable key logger on my own
    > "net". Boy how I hate the situation but it is a desperate
    > measure for a desperate situation.

    Just google for "keylogger". By their nature and design they are
    largely undetectable and it is unlikely your wife would realize
    it's on, unless she checks all running processes, but even then
    I wouldn't be surprised if some keyloggers managed to stay "out
    of sight"...

    Also, Windows has a way of keeping a lot of stuff on the
    computer - did you try just searching the whole drive(s) for
    files containing the certain words I surely don't need to
    mention?

    --
    There are only two classifications of disk drives: Broken drives
    and those that will break later.
    thanatoid, Nov 23, 2009
  6. On Sun, 22 Nov 2009 08:43:14 -0800, "Mike Easter" <>
    wrote:

    >Roscoe P Pendoscoe wrote:
    >
    >> She is having secret "chat" sessions from her laptop connected to our
    >> home office WiFi net with some sex maniac in another area of the
    >> Country.

    >I don't believe your bullsh*t story.

    That's fine and I don't blame you for your doubts about my intent. I
    will say it took a lot to even post the predicament I have found
    myself in here.

    >> I need to install an undetectable key logger on my own "net".

    >> I am no spy or eavesdropper.

    >Yes, you are.

    I meant it in a way that I was not just going around trying to find
    out just any old thing, important things that are directly going to
    have a devastating impact on me and my Family life.

    And, as far as direct approach goes, she TOLD me what was going on but
    I am certain I am only hearing a part of the entire truth. I did find
    text chat that was "saved" and other things that would be enough to
    convince you that suddenly finding would either make you crazy with
    rage, cry, or put a foot in the backside to help her get out the door.

    Now, I hear, again from her mouth, the supposed real meeting has been
    called off (his decision) and she says it is over. Cried and the whole
    bit.

    Now, I just want to know if I should continue to see if this is some
    BS story or, she is being truthful, or, having second thoughts for
    telling me in the first place.

    It is obvious to me that trust has gone out the window, and believing
    anything would be naive on my part from this point on.

    This subject has degraded into something other than what I originally
    simply asked for, me defending my position and reason to "snoop" where
    I for years never even gave a thought to pry into. I hated even having
    to get keys or anything from her purse as I think some places even
    though marriage are private and should stay that way.

    Wish I could pass my issue to you to deal with. See what you'd do with
    it and how you'd go about it.

    >Check out webwatcher.

    Only the truth can now be what decides what happens. Just plain old
    words can only leave doubts which can be worse as suspicion will
    always be there.

    Answers are what I need. Real ones.

    Thanks for............?

    Roscoe P Pendoscoe, Nov 27, 2009
  7. On Mon, 23 Nov 2009 02:39:15 +0000 (UTC), thanatoid
    <> wrote:

    >Roscoe P Pendoscoe <mrshade@I_wont_see_it.net> wrote in

    >Just google for "keylogger". By their nature and design they are
    >largely undetectable and it is unlikely your wife would realize
    >it's on, unless she checks all running processes, but even then
    >I wouldn't be surprised if some keyloggers managed to stay "out
    >of sight"...
    >
    >Also, Windows has a way of keeping a lot of stuff on the
    >computer - did you try just searching the whole drive(s) for
    >files containing the certain words I surely don't need to
    >mention?

    Yes, I Googled Keylogger, and I just don't know which of the many
    would suit my purpose and be unobtrusive and simple.

    Just a quick and easy solution w/o trying out 3-4.

    Since she is connected to my net via wireless, I should be able to
    view pretty easily. I just don't have the time to do it while trying
    to start up a new business which this has not helped by putting my
    mind on other thoughts I thought we'd never face.

    Thanks

    RC

    Roscoe P Pendoscoe, Nov 27, 2009
  8. Roscoe P Pendoscoe

    Mike Easter Guest

    Roscoe P Pendoscoe wrote:
    > "Mike Easter"

    >>> I need to install an undetectable key logger on my own "net".

    >> Check out webwatcher.

    > Answers are what I need. Real ones.
    >
    > Thanks for............?

    Did you check out webwatcher as advised? It is very powerful, but not
    free. It is a great deal more than a keylogger.

    http://www.webwatchernow.com/Monitoring-Software/Consumer/ or
    http://snipr.com/tfstm WebWatcher redefines Computer Monitoring
    Software...

    http://snipr.com/tfsu5 Product Comparison -- WebWatcher

    Do not confuse its comparison with 'parental control' ware. It is way
    beyond that.

    --
    Mike Easter
    Mike Easter, Nov 27, 2009
  9. On Fri, 27 Nov 2009 09:14:39 -0800, "Mike Easter" <>
    wrote:

    >Roscoe P Pendoscoe wrote:
    >> "Mike Easter"

    >>> Check out webwatcher.

    I will right now. I thought it mixed in with a reply from the
    "doubter" of my intents.

    Thanks to you again, I will follow it up.when I log off USENET
    account.

    RC

    Roscoe P Pendoscoe, Nov 28, 2009
  10. On Sun, 22 Nov 2009 08:54:38 -0600, Roscoe P Pendoscoe wrote:

    > Group,

    No.
    --
    A fireside chat not with Ari!
    http://tr.im/holj
    ♥Ari♥, Dec 4, 2009
  11. On Sun, 22 Nov 2009 08:54:38 -0600, Roscoe P Pendoscoe wrote:

    > Really I am no nutcase,

    Really.

    LOL
    --
    A fireside chat not with Ari!
    http://tr.im/holj
    ♥Ari♥, Dec 4, 2009
  12. On Sun, 22 Nov 2009 08:54:38 -0600, Roscoe P Pendoscoe wrote:

    > I need to install an undetectable key logger on my own "net".

    Thinking the phone repairman planted a keylogger is kinda paranoid.
    Everyone knows it's the pizza guy you have to look out for. Some of
    those pepperoni are really devices that once swallowed, mutate part of
    your intestinal tract into a sophisticated sonar array with Bluetooth
    technology that can image anything within twenty feet of your anus.
    --
    A fireside chat not with Ari!
    http://tr.im/holj
    ♥Ari♥, Dec 4, 2009
  13. On Fri, 4 Dec 2009 10:49:22 -0500, ?Ari? <>
    wrote:

    >On Sun, 22 Nov 2009 08:54:38 -0600, Roscoe P Pendoscoe wrote:
    >
    >> I need to install an undetectable key logger on my own "net".

    >Thinking the phone repairman planted a keylogger is kinda paranoid.
    >Everyone knows it's the pizza guy you have to look out for. Some of
    >those pepperoni are really devices that once swallowed, mutate part of
    >your intestinal tract into a sophisticated sonar array with Bluetooth
    >technology that can image anything within twenty feet of your anus.

    I have been on USENET from 1993 steady until now. Experienced USENET
    users can do checks and see what type of posts I made when I really
    was using it more. Most was music and a few other things, but nowhere
    will

    It has degraded to a bunch of oddballs that hide behind the anonymity
    so they can take their small feelings out on others that have issues
    that use to get honest help and advice.

    Now, besides all the sporgers and wackjobs that ruined it when they
    discovered it, I am about to just close up my legacy account with my
    provider.

    I just one time ask for a little help (and I really knew better) and I
    get people that don't read the entire thread who think I have a phone
    guy who installed a key logger!

    Roscoe P Pendoscoe, Dec 4, 2009
  14. On Fri, 04 Dec 2009 15:50:15 -0600, Roscoe P Pendoscoe wrote:

    > I have been on USENET from 1993 steady until now. Experienced USENET
    > users can do checks and see what type of posts I made when I really
    > was using it more. Most was music and a few other things, but nowhere
    > will

    ....will...well will what?

    Experienced Usenet poster my ass.
    --