Last minute security rollout for Windows 2000...

Discussion in 'Computer Security' started by Imhotep, Jun 29, 2005.

  1. Imhotep

    Imhotep Guest

    Imhotep, Jun 29, 2005

  2. Imhotep

    Alceryes Guest

    That's good...at least I can keep clients who still use Win2k (and rarely
    hit automatic updates) up to date.
    Just as a side note the Microsoft validation tool doesn't care what your OS
    currently is as long as it's legit. I DL'd the Win2k Update Rollup (for use
    with my clients computers) on my XP machine with no problems.

    http://www.microsoft.com/windows2000/server/evaluation/news/bulletins/rollup.asp

    --

    "I don't cheat to survive. I cheat to LIVE!!"
    - Alceryes

    Alceryes, Jun 29, 2005

  3. Imhotep

    Jbob Guest

    "Alceryes" <> wrote in message
    > Just as a side note the Microsoft validation tool doesn't care what your
    > OS currently is as long as it's legit. I DL'd the Win2k Update Rollup (for
    > use with my clients computers) on my XP machine with no problems.

    And another side note, you don't even have to let it check to download.
    Just click NO and continue!

    Jbob, Jun 29, 2005
  4. Jbob wrote:

    > "Alceryes" <> wrote in message
    >> Just as a side note the Microsoft validation tool doesn't care what your
    >> OS currently is as long as it's legit. I DL'd the Win2k Update Rollup
    >> (for use with my clients computers) on my XP machine with no problems.
    >>

    > And another side note, you don't even have to let it check to download.
    > Just click NO and continue!

    ....for now, for now...

    Michael J. Pelletier, Jun 29, 2005