    the date? Right now I am still waiting for Epson drivers for my printer so
    I would like to wait till then but I am not sure how much time I have left.

    Thanks

    Neal, Jun 27, 2005

  2. Wayne Wastier, Jun 27, 2005

  3. Neal got up from the bar and shouted: :
    > I know July is the last month to upgrade for $0 but I am wondering what is
    > the date? Right now I am still waiting for Epson drivers for my printer so
    > I would like to wait till then but I am not sure how much time I have left.
    >
    > Thanks

    But note that it's been stated, that your 32bit licence only expires
    when your INSTALL the 64bit version, not when you receive it...

    Mark Gillespie, Jun 27, 2005
  4. Yes, it deactivates the 32 bit license preventing future activations
    basically turning the disk into a coaster.
    --
    Andre
    Extended64 | http://www.extended64.com

    Andre Da Costa [Extended64], Jun 27, 2005
  5. Neal

    Rick Guest

    Andre Da Costa [Extended64] wrote:
    > Yes, it deactivates the 32 bit license preventing future activations
    > basically turning the disk into a coaster.

    Not exactly. I have 3 licenses and 1 disc. I traded 1 license, so I
    still have 2 valid licenses and the 1 disc is still valid for those 2
    licenses.

    Rick, Jun 27, 2005
  6. Depends on what type of license you purchase, in your case it must have been
    a OEM 3 Pack.

    Andre Da Costa [Extended64], Jun 27, 2005
  7. Andre;
    Are you sure?
    They could also be retail:
    http://shop.microsoft.com/special/wal/walinfo.asp

    --
    Jupiter Jones [MVP]
    http://www3.telus.net/dandemar

    Jupiter Jones [MVP], Jun 27, 2005
  8. "Jupiter Jones [MVP]" <> wrote in message
    > Andre;
    > Are you sure?
    > They could also be retail:
    > http://shop.microsoft.com/special/wal/walinfo.asp
    >
    > --
    > Jupiter Jones [MVP]

    Hi Jupiter. And yes, they could. But .... at $269.00 a license, it would be
    cheaper to have purchased an OEM 3-Pack. :)

    Wayne

    Wayne Wastier, Jun 27, 2005
  9. Jupiter is a millionnaire.

    Andre Da Costa [Extended64], Jun 28, 2005
  10. Not me, but some do buy additional licenses this way.
    Some of them do not know of other options and others prefer retail to OEM.

    Jupiter Jones [MVP], Jun 28, 2005
  11. I don't see the point of that since both OEM and Retail versions of Windows
    XP are the same. Even the manual contents are the same.

    Andre Da Costa [Extended64], Jun 28, 2005
  12. Andre;
    Among other things, OEM is not capable of upgrading.
    For retail, both the full and upgrade can each perform an upgrade and a
    Clean Installation.
    More flexibility.

    Once installed they are the same, but getting there may be a different
    story.

    Jupiter Jones [MVP], Jun 28, 2005
  13. "Mark Gillespie" wrote:

    > Neal got up from the bar and shouted: :
    > > I know July is the last month to upgrade for $0 but I am wondering what is
    > > the date? Right now I am still waiting for Epson drivers for my printer so
    > > I would like to wait till then but I am not sure how much time I have left.
    > >
    > > Thanks
    > >

    > But note that it's been stated, that your 32bit licence only expires
    > when your INSTALL the 64bit version, not when you receive it...

    Thanks. Then I think I will do the upgrade today. That way I can keep it
    till I get my driver and then I am set.

    =?Utf-8?B?TmVhbA==?=, Jun 29, 2005