Last day preperations - Advice 70-306

Discussion in 'MCSD' started by CyberVic, Jul 31, 2003.

  1. CyberVic

    CyberVic Guest

    OK I've been developing in VB since VB1.0 for DOS all the
    way through now VS.NET. I've gone through a total of 7
    books now including a VB6 prep book (because I had it and
    it got me warmed up), VB.NET step by step, OOP with
    VB.NET/C#.NET, Applied .NET framework with VB.NET, the
    VB.NET Language Reference Manual, Que's Database
    Programming with VB.NET, and the Developing Windows-Based
    Application with VB.NET Self Pased Training Kit (2nd Ed).

    I've gone through and developed a test application with
    several very involved classes to practice everything in
    the self paced training kit. The only thing I haven't
    truely practiced or programmed on the job is the security
    and some of the deployment methods.

    I've scored and 89% on my certification prep test that
    came with the self paced training kit book.

    So... what else does anyone recommend that I should do to
    help me prepare in my final 24 hours before taking my
    test? I am taking the 70-306 on Friday at 1:30pm PST.
    CyberVic, Jul 31, 2003

  2. Get some sleep, 70-306 isn't that hard, you seem to have done enough
    studying for it... :)
    --

    Dave Beauchemin
    Microsoft MVP, MCP

    Dave Beauchemin [MVP], Jul 31, 2003

  3. But, if you can't get any sleep, see
    http://www.codeclinic.com/70-316skills.htm, unless you've seen it already.
    --

    Dave Beauchemin
    Microsoft MVP, MCP

    Dave Beauchemin [MVP], Jul 31, 2003
  4. Look at Deployment, and make sure you have an overview of how you'd go about
    deploying the various different types of project. Also, re: security, try to
    have a general understanding of the various methods available for securing
    applications.

    Tim Stephenson, Aug 1, 2003
  5. CyberVic

    John S Guest

    The night before, take in as many bars as you can and get really ratassed.

    John S, Aug 3, 2003
  6. CyberVic

    Jack Guest

    I don't know. Jack off a little ... lol