    all same results. Since it happened with 2 different printers something
    tells me it's a Windows issue (XP Home) Any help? What did I miss?

    Thanks in advance

    Johnny, May 28, 2004

  2. Johnny

    Jerry G. Guest

    Did you install printer drivers that are rated for XP? Apparently all
    printer and graphic drivers must be rated for XP, or the results may not be
    predictable.

    --

    Jerry G.
    =====

    "Johnny" <> wrote in message
    It's now just printing garbage and characters, either a whole page of
    them or one line of symbols. I tried ecp epp spp ecp/epp in the bios. I
    tried various print drivers for this all to no avail. I installed an
    okidata 14e and ran setup and installed from disk and get the same garbage.
    I tried usb cable instead of the bidirectional. I tried a new ieee cable,

    Jerry G., May 28, 2004

  3. Johnny

    Johnny Guest

    Yep, I tried "Digitally signed ones" and others that weren't approved too
    (Win 2000 drivers). I installed using the original cd first only then did I
    try other variants

    Johnny, May 28, 2004
  4. Johnny

    Paul - xxx Guest

    Johnny posted ...

    > It's now just printing garbage and characters, either a whole
    > page of them or one line of symbols. I tried ecp epp spp ecp/epp in
    > the bios. I tried various print drivers for this all to no avail. I
    > installed an okidata 14e and ran setup and installed from disk and
    > get the same garbage. I tried usb cable instead of the bidirectional.
    > I tried a new ieee cable, all same results. Since it happened with 2
    > different printers something tells me it's a Windows issue (XP Home)
    > Any help? What did I miss?

    Having also read your reply to Jerry G I'd suggest unplugging the printer,
    uninstalling any and all drivers, and turning off the computer. Re-connect
    the printer, turn computer on, turn printer on and let XP sort it all out
    autyomatically .. My Laserjet 4000 simply turned on, and worked right off.
    XP generally doesn't require you to load drivers separately, like W98 etc
    did.

    --
    Paul

    (8(|) Homer rocks .. ;)