    much.
    What's the general maximum with the purpose being just letters.

    Paulo

    Peace-Angel, Dec 14, 2004

  2. Peace-Angel

    JD Guest

    Peace-Angel wrote:
    > How many prints can a Toner on a laser printer give?
    > I'm thinking about buying a cheap b/w one from HP. Though it doesn't say how
    > much.
    > What's the general maximum with the purpose being just letters.
    >
    > Paulo

    That all depends on how big the toner cartridge is .. for a page of text
    roughly 5% of the page Will be toner.. you buy your cartradges in net
    yields for instance my Toner cartrage for my Brother HL1260e is a 9000
    page at 5% yield so I should get bout 9000 prints from it

    JD, Dec 14, 2004

  3. Peace-Angel

    The One Guest

    "Peace-Angel" <> wrote in message
    > How many prints can a Toner on a laser printer give?
    > I'm thinking about buying a cheap b/w one from HP. Though it doesn't say
    > how much.
    > What's the general maximum with the purpose being just letters.
    >
    > Paulo

    Loads and loads but new toner is expensive I think.

    The One, Dec 14, 2004
  4. Peace-Angel

    Jerry G. Guest

    With a 15% density print which is the average of a page that is filled of
    text, the HP printer that I have (LaserJet 1100), should give about 2500
    pages on a full toner cartridge. Since I am printing mostly small letters,
    invoices, and quotations with it, I worked it out to be about 3500 to 4000
    pages.

    The replacement cartridge costs us about $60. This would work out to about
    $0.02 per page for the toner, and $0.01 per page for the paper. In total,
    without considering the depreciation of the printer over a 3 year write-off
    period, this works to about $0.03 per page. If you consider the purchase
    cost of the printer, this works to about $0.08 per page in consideration of
    the volume of printing we do in a 3 year period.

    When we were using a dot matrix printer, it actually worked out to about the
    same thing. The use of an inkjet printer for what we do is out of the
    question!

    We have a very good inkjet printer for our photo printing when we need a
    high quality colour print in a hurry. If we are not in a rush, we send a CD
    disk with our colour jobs over to a local photo print service. We get it
    done by them for about 1/4 the cost it would be for us to do it ourselves,
    and their quality level is excellent.

    --

    Jerry G.
    ======

    Jerry G., Dec 14, 2004
  5. Peace-Angel

    Plato Guest

    Jerry G. wrote:

    In the long run it's true that the extra initial expense of a laser
    printer turns out to be cheaper if you do lots of printing. Somehow I
    lucked out tho when I got my Cannon S200 inkjet for $39 at the local
    supermarket. Black ink carts are six bucks ie the lowest cost in the ink
    isle and last me about 4 months. I only do about 4 pages/day and the
    kids use it a few times/week for homework.

    Plato, Dec 14, 2004
  6. Peace-Angel

    Jerry G. Guest

    In the end, with a $39 printer and $6 for cartridges, you really got a good
    deal, if it is good for what you want. How is the quality for colour
    pictures?

    --

    Jerry G.
    =====

    Jerry G., Dec 15, 2004
  7. Peace-Angel

    Plato Guest

    Jerry G. wrote:

    > In the end, with a $39 printer and $6 for cartridges, you really got a good
    > deal, if it is good for what you want. How is the quality for colour
    > pictures?

    I know they dont make them anymore and as far as color goes it's OK for
    kids homework but I've never tested a real picture taken from a digital
    camera with it.

    Plato, Dec 15, 2004