    (at a fee of course) for sending spam, phlishing, DDOS, etc.

    See:
    http://blog.washingtonpost.com/secu..._worm_dwarfs_worlds_top_s_1.html?nav=rss_blog

    peterwn, Sep 3, 2007

  2. peterwn

    Peter Guest

    peterwn wrote:
    > The world's largest supercomputer arrangements run Windows and uses
    > distributed computing from all round the world.
    > Before the anti-Linux brigade gets too excited, it would be only fair to
    > say that the individual owners have not wittingly given consent to this
    > project which consisted of crackers installing the Storm Worm into these
    > computers.
    >
    > There you have it, this vast supercomputing matrix is at your service
    > (at a fee of course) for sending spam, phlishing, DDOS, etc.
    >
    > See:

    http://blog.washingtonpost.com/secu..._worm_dwarfs_worlds_top_s_1.html?nav=rss_blog

    LOL - very good!
    The Storm botnet, of course.

    Peter, Sep 4, 2007

  3. peterwn

    Allistar Guest

    Peter wrote:

    > peterwn wrote:
    >> The world's largest supercomputer arrangements run Windows and uses
    >> distributed computing from all round the world.
    >> Before the anti-Linux brigade gets too excited, it would be only fair to
    >> say that the individual owners have not wittingly given consent to this
    >> project which consisted of crackers installing the Storm Worm into these
    >> computers.
    >>
    >> There you have it, this vast supercomputing matrix is at your service
    >> (at a fee of course) for sending spam, phlishing, DDOS, etc.
    >>
    >> See:

    http://blog.washingtonpost.com/secu..._worm_dwarfs_worlds_top_s_1.html?nav=rss_blog

    > LOL - very good!
    > The Storm botnet, of course.

    I've just read the Wikipedia articl e on this:

    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Storm_Worm

    and from a technical perspective it's downright clever how this thing works.
    As a software developer I admire the scope and range of this software. As a
    humanist I despise such malware. Never-the-less, it is clever.
    --
    A.

    Allistar, Sep 7, 2007