Largest memory stick for Sony DSC-F707

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by Jo D, Nov 16, 2004.

  1. Jo D

    Jo D Guest

    Hi there all,

    I would like to know if the Sony DSC-F707
    http://www.sel.sony.com/SEL/consumer/ss5/home/digitalstillcameras/cyber-shotrtm/dsc-f707_specs.shtml
    can use larger capacity memory sticks than 128Mb. If it can, what is the
    maximum??
    I have not been able to easily find this info. out. I will assume this
    camera cannot use memory stick Pro because it is an old model.

    Can someone please confirm/correct my understanding....
    This is my current understanding. Memory stick is limited to 128Mb. A newer
    version of memory stick contains 2 x 128Mb (256Mb total) but can only use
    128mb at a time before removing the card and switching to the other side for
    the other 128Mb. This is a workaround for older non memory stick pro
    devices.

    Thanks

    Jo D

    Jo D, Nov 16, 2004

  2. Jo D

    Confused Guest

    On Tue, 16 Nov 2004 12:43:14 GMT
    In message <CBmmd.38329$>
    "Jo D" <> wrote:

    > Hi there all,
    >
    > I would like to know if the Sony DSC-F707
    > http://www.sel.sony.com/SEL/consumer/ss5/home/digitalstillcameras/cyber-shotrtm/dsc-f707_specs.shtml
    > can use larger capacity memory sticks than 128Mb. If it can, what is the
    > maximum??
    > I have not been able to easily find this info. out. I will assume this
    > camera cannot use memory stick Pro because it is an old model.
    >
    > Can someone please confirm/correct my understanding....
    > This is my current understanding. Memory stick is limited to 128Mb. A newer
    > version of memory stick contains 2 x 128Mb (256Mb total) but can only use
    > 128mb at a time before removing the card and switching to the other side for
    > the other 128Mb. This is a workaround for older non memory stick pro

    I carry around a Sony F717 as a backup camera and for other
    folks to use. I have a Sony 512MEG Memory Stick Pro and never had a
    problem with it. It's also a good match for the battery (ie I've
    never run out of battery before running out of card space).

    Jeff

    Confused, Nov 17, 2004

  3. Jo D

    jimkramer Guest

    "Jo D" <> wrote in message
    > Hi there all,
    >
    > I would like to know if the Sony DSC-F707
    > http://www.sel.sony.com/SEL/consumer/ss5/home/digitalstillcameras/cyber-shotrtm/dsc-f707_specs.shtml
    > can use larger capacity memory sticks than 128Mb. If it can, what is the
    > maximum??
    > I have not been able to easily find this info. out. I will assume this
    > camera cannot use memory stick Pro because it is an old model.
    >
    > Can someone please confirm/correct my understanding....
    > This is my current understanding. Memory stick is limited to 128Mb. A
    > newer
    > version of memory stick contains 2 x 128Mb (256Mb total) but can only use
    > 128mb at a time before removing the card and switching to the other side
    > for
    > the other 128Mb. This is a workaround for older non memory stick pro
    > devices.
    >

    > Thanks
    >
    > Jo D

    128 is as big as the 707 will take. But there is the MS Duo which is "two"
    128's in one MS; you do need to physically remove the stick and flip a
    switch to use the other 128.

    Jim Kramer

    jimkramer, Nov 17, 2004
  4. Jo D

    Jo D Guest

    > I carry around a Sony F717 as a backup camera and for other
    > folks to use. I have a Sony 512MEG Memory Stick Pro and never had a
    > problem with it. It's also a good match for the battery (ie I've
    > never run out of battery before running out of card space).
    >
    > Jeff

    The 717 is an updated version of the 707 which can use memory stick pro. The
    707 is an older version which I understand can only use the "old memory
    stick", unless anyone has differing experiences

    Jo D, Nov 17, 2004
  5. Jo D

    Confused Guest

    On Wed, 17 Nov 2004 22:32:27 GMT
    "Jo D" <> wrote:

    > > I carry around a Sony F717 as a backup camera and for other

    > <SNIP>
    >
    > The 717 is an updated version of the 707
    > <SNIP>

    I thought I read "717"... sorry to waist your time. Sometimes I ask
    myself "what don't I get about the neuro in neuro-muscular..." ;^)

    Jeff

    Confused, Nov 20, 2004