    Dave Hall
    http://www.dave.net.nz
    http://www.dunedinwireless.co.nz
    Dave - Dave.net.nz, Jun 1, 2004

  2. Dave - Dave.net.nz

    Jackson Guest

    "Dave - Dave.net.nz" <dave@no_spam_here_please.dave.net.nz> wrote in message
    news:...
    > I was trying to think of places that had >1000 Computers on a lan, and
    > about all I can think of is Hospitals and Universities, and maybe some
    > Polytechnics.
    >
    > Any others?

    Crikey, any large organisation in NZ could qualify. Any large bank would
    qualify for example. I know that our corp offices here in Welly we easily
    have 1000+ pcs connected if you include all the servers and whatnot.

    Jackson.
    Jackson, Jun 1, 2004

  3. Dave - Dave.net.nz

    EMB Guest

    In news:,
    Dave - Dave.net.nz <dave@no_spam_here_please.dave.net.nz> expelled:
    > I was trying to think of places that had >1000 Computers on a lan, and
    > about all I can think of is Hospitals and Universities, and maybe some
    > Polytechnics.
    >
    > Any others?
    >
    > I guess Citylink qualifies too although I was meaning single
    > company/entity/govt org etc.

    Carter Holt Harvey, Fonterra, probably Fletcher Challenge.

    --
    EMB
    change two to number to reply
    EMB, Jun 1, 2004
  4. Dave - Dave.net.nz

    AD. Guest

    On Tue, 01 Jun 2004 16:29:24 +1200, Dave - Dave.net.nz wrote:

    > I was trying to think of places that had >1000 Computers on a lan, and
    > about all I can think of is Hospitals and Universities, and maybe some
    > Polytechnics.
    >
    > Any others?

    Weta? ;)

    Cheers
    Anton
    AD., Jun 1, 2004
  5. Dave - Dave.net.nz

    Chris Guest

    Dave - Dave.net.nz wrote:

    > I was trying to think of places that had >1000 Computers on a lan, and
    > about all I can think of is Hospitals and Universities, and maybe some
    > Polytechnics.
    >
    > Any others?
    >
    > I guess Citylink qualifies too although I was meaning single
    > company/entity/govt org etc.

    I heard recently the Defence Force is about to roll out upgrades to 7,500
    desktops soon.

    Chris.
    Chris, Jun 1, 2004
  6. On Tue, 01 Jun 2004 16:29:24 +1200, "Dave - Dave.net.nz"
    <dave@no_spam_here_please.dave.net.nz> wrote:

    >I was trying to think of places that had >1000 Computers on a lan, and
    >about all I can think of is Hospitals and Universities, and maybe some
    >Polytechnics.
    >
    >Any others?
    >
    >I guess Citylink qualifies too although I was meaning single
    >company/entity/govt org etc.

    The Police, Social Welfare, Inland Revenue, any major government
    department really. The city councils in any major centre.
    Stephen Worthington, Jun 1, 2004
  7. Jackson wrote:
    >>I was trying to think of places that had >1000 Computers on a lan, and
    >>about all I can think of is Hospitals and Universities, and maybe some
    >>Polytechnics.
    >>Any others?

    > Crikey, any large organisation in NZ could qualify. Any large bank would
    > qualify for example. I know that our corp offices here in Welly we easily
    > have 1000+ pcs connected if you include all the servers and whatnot.

    ok then, what I meant was ~1000 desktops for end users, not ATMs/servers
    :)

    Dave - Dave.net.nz, Jun 1, 2004
  8. "EMB" <> wrote in message
    > In news:,
    > Dave - Dave.net.nz <dave@no_spam_here_please.dave.net.nz> expelled:
    >> I was trying to think of places that had >1000 Computers on a lan, and
    >> about all I can think of is Hospitals and Universities, and maybe some
    >> Polytechnics.
    >>
    >> Any others?
    >>
    >> I guess Citylink qualifies too although I was meaning single
    >> company/entity/govt org etc.

    > Carter Holt Harvey, Fonterra, probably Fletcher Challenge.

    Telecom...
    Nathan Mercer, Jun 1, 2004
  9. Dave - Dave.net.nz

    thing Guest

    Dave - Dave.net.nz wrote:
    > I was trying to think of places that had >1000 Computers on a lan, and
    > about all I can think of is Hospitals and Universities, and maybe some
    > Polytechnics.
    >
    > Any others?
    >
    > I guess Citylink qualifies too although I was meaning single
    > company/entity/govt org etc.

    I work for an outsourcer ....so thats 2000 ish, then some major
    accounts, Telecom, Fontera, LINZ, NZIS, Corrections, Justice, Police
    just of the top of my head.... In fact most government departments
    exceed 1000 probably 2000. Most hospitals 500+

    While 10,000 is rare....

    regards

    Thing
    thing, Jun 2, 2004