    advice given, as all the progs I've looked at so far, limit the amount of
    pics.
    Thanks in advance

    cjf, Mar 14, 2006

  2. cjf

    Oldus Fartus Guest

    cjf wrote:
    > I am looking for a prog that will allow me to make a slidehow containing
    > approx1000 photos and a music track backing, I would also want this
    > slideshow to play on most stand-alone dvd players. I would appreciate any
    > advice given, as all the progs I've looked at so far, limit the amount of
    > pics.
    > Thanks in advance

    Which programs have you tried?

    I use Ulead Video Workshop to make an MPEG 1 or 2 movie of the slideshow
    complete with background music, commentary and titles and with
    transitions between pictures. This is then converted to either VCD or
    DVD formats and burned to disc.

    --
    Cheers
    Oldus Fartus

    Oldus Fartus, Mar 14, 2006

  3. cjf

    cjf Guest

    Many thanks for the quick reply, I have tried Nero & Mydvd without much
    luck.

    cjf, Mar 14, 2006
  4. cjf

    soup Guest

    cjf wrote:
    > I am looking for a prog that will allow me to make a slidehow
    > containing approx1000 photos and a music track backing, I would also
    > want this slideshow to play on most stand-alone dvd players. I would
    > appreciate any advice given, as all the progs I've looked at so far,
    > limit the amount of pics.
    > Thanks in advance

    http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/using/digitalphotography/photostory/default.mspx
    Makes good slide shows (music,transitions,effects all that) but no idea
    if it has a limit on number of images
    --
    This post contains no hidden meanings, no implications and certainly no
    hidden agendas so it should be taken at face value. The wrong words

    soup, Mar 14, 2006
  5. cjf

    soup Guest

    soup, Mar 14, 2006
  6. cjf

    Spuds Guest

    On Tue, 14 Mar 2006 09:17:42 GMT, "cjf" <> wrote:

    >I am looking for a prog that will allow me to make a slidehow containing
    >approx1000 photos and a music track backing, I would also want this
    >slideshow to play on most stand-alone dvd players. I would appreciate any
    >advice given, as all the progs I've looked at so far, limit the amount of
    >pics.
    >Thanks in advance

    I've had great luck with ProShow (http://www.photodex.com/products/proshow/)
    Tons of transitions, and you can sync the music to end on the last slide, if
    need be.
    --
    *---*---*---*---*---*---*---*---*---*---*---*
    Many people would rather die than think;

    Spuds, Mar 14, 2006
  7. cjf

    Guest

    Wondershare Photo2DVD Studio works well for me. With its easy-to-use
    wizards, this software allows you to convert all your digital photos to
    DVD in a few simple steps. Additionally, you can add special effects to
    your photo slideshow, including transitions, music and DVD menus.
    http://www.photo-to-dvd.com

    Regards.

    , Mar 14, 2006