    Thanks

    - Pat

    , Apr 23, 2007

  2. tomm42 Guest

    On Apr 23, 3:43 pm, wrote:
    > Budget is $7000
    >
    > Anyone have any opinions on the EPSON 8400 PRO?
    >
    > Anyone know why these seem to be hard to find?
    >
    > Thanks
    >
    > - Pat

    Epson 8400 pro, is this a laser? Can't find any reference to it, if an
    inkjet are you talking about the 2400 pro or the 4800 pro? Then if you
    are looking for a 17 inch printer or wider? Bigger the Epson 9800 pro
    is nice but the HP3100 44 inch is better. It has a built in
    spectrophotometer for auto profiling. You wouldn't go wrong with
    either one. If 17 inch is all you need, for good 16x20s. Also check
    Canon iPF5000, nice printer, though there have been issues with Canon
    tech support, this has been getting better. Two big pluses for the
    Canon are, uses less ink than the Epson, and you don't have to dump
    ink to switch blacks. Canon really seems to be coming around support
    wise. I bought one and I'm amazed at the prints from it, it is nice to
    have control over my printing again.

    Tom

    tomm42, Apr 24, 2007