    I am using WXP and I need to know how to break up large files for sending
    out in emails. In W98 I was able to do this but it was so long ago and I
    can't remember how I did it. Thanks.

    Girl Jamie, Feb 22, 2004

  2. Girl Jamie

    Unk Guest

    On Sun, 22 Feb 2004 20:51:38 GMT, "Girl Jamie" <>
    wrote:

    >I am using WXP and I need to know how to break up large files for sending
    >out in emails. In W98 I was able to do this but it was so long ago and I
    >can't remember how I did it. Thanks.

    1 - You could use a file splitter.
    "MasterSplitter" http://www.tomasoft.com or
    "HJ-Split" http://freebyte.com/hjsplit/ or
    "Just Another Splitter" http://www.jas-etc.com
    Rar files - http://www.rarlab.com

    Note: Most email accounts have a 10 meg or so storage limit. If it's really
    big, you'll have to send the parts over several days.

    2 - You could upload it to a web server to be downloaded.

    3 - If you have ICQ or another client, you can send them peer-to-peer.

    Unk, Feb 22, 2004

  3. Girl Jamie

    Miggsee Guest

    Tools> Accounts> Double click the mail account> Advanced tab> Sending. Break
    apart messages larger than...... I had mine set to 308, but OE wants to
    break apart at 512. The recipient would need to combine and decode the
    mails.

    Miggsee, Feb 22, 2004
  4. Girl Jamie

    Miggsee Guest

    Forget this...............

    Miggsee, Feb 22, 2004
  5. Girl Jamie

    trout Guest

    Girl Jamie wrote:

    > I am using WXP and I need to know how to break up large files for
    > sending out in emails. In W98 I was able to do this but it was so
    > long ago and I can't remember how I did it. Thanks.

    Did you mean the option in OE? That's Tools; Accounts; Mail tab;
    Properties; Advanced tab; "Break apart messages larger than....".
    --
    "I don't use the feature, so I don't know how useful it is."

    trout, Feb 22, 2004
  6. Girl Jamie

    Girl Jamie Guest

    thanks!