    than allowed size of attachments) ?

    Thanks,

    , Jan 1, 2006

  2. Evan Platt Guest

    On 1 Jan 2006 07:43:15 -0800, "" <>
    wrote:

    >Hi,
    >
    >Please can some1 tell me how to transfer files larger than 10MB (larger
    >than allowed size of attachments) ?

    Ummm.. what 'allowed size of attachment'? e-mail?

    Use a ftp site.

    Evan Platt, Jan 1, 2006

  3. Bert Hyman Guest

    In news:
    "" <> wrote:

    > Please can some1 tell me how to transfer files larger than 10MB
    > (larger than allowed size of attachments) ?

    I'm just guessing you're talking about sending a file to someone via
    email; you might want to elaborate on what you're trying to do in order
    to get a better answer.

    Depending on the speed of your Internet connection and that of your
    intended recipient, it might be faster to burn a CD and send it by
    conventional mail :)

    --
    Bert Hyman St. Paul, MN

    Bert Hyman, Jan 1, 2006
  4. wrote:

    > Hi,

    G'day.

    > Please can some1 tell me how to transfer files larger than 10MB
    > (larger than allowed size of attachments) ?

    Gmail has a limit of 10MB on email attachments. Your recipient also
    probably has a size limit, and some ISPs are even smaller than 10. As I
    recall, the free Hotmail users are limited to 2MB. Consider also that
    with the encoding necessary for attaching, a true 10 megabyte file will
    become about 13 megabytes of "text" characters.

    Place the file on a web site somewhere, using FTP to upload it. Then
    send the recipient a link to it. Does your ISP give you free web space?

    --
    -bts
    -Warning: I brake for lawn deer

    Beauregard T. Shagnasty, Jan 1, 2006
  5. Your name Guest

    > Please can some1 tell me how to transfer files larger than 10MB (larger
    > than allowed size of attachments) ?

    Easy.

    yousendit.com -- use it all the time, pretty reliable. You send, the
    recipient is notified, then they pick up when convenient.

    Hamachi -- mediated peer to peer, creates a virtual LAN "pipe" between 2 or
    more PCs through which you can use an FTP server or just use UltraVNC on
    one machine and the file transfer capability. Hamachi.cc

    Your name, Jan 1, 2006
  6. Deano Guest

    Your name wrote:
    >> Please can some1 tell me how to transfer files larger than 10MB
    >> (larger than allowed size of attachments) ?

    > Hamachi -- mediated peer to peer, creates a virtual LAN "pipe"
    > between 2 or more PCs through which you can use an FTP server or just
    > use UltraVNC on one machine and the file transfer capability.
    > Hamachi.cc

    I was just about to post that one. Anyone here using it? I might start
    testing it next week.

    Deano, Jan 1, 2006
  7. JANA Guest

    Most of the email services have a file size limit. There are software's, and
    also with some email programs where attachment files can be split up. The
    person on the receiving end will have to have the compatible software to
    combine the files back together again. This opens the possibility of having
    damaged files.

    There are also some ftp type services that allow you to upload large files
    to an ftp server. You then just have to pass the link and any necessary
    passwords on to the receiver to visit the site and download the file. Some
    of these services charge fees, and a few of them are free.

    What I do, is burn a CD disk, and put it in the mail to whoever I want to
    send the files to. This way, they also get a hard copy, and don't use a lot
    of bandwidth. In some areas, the users have limited bandwidth for internet
    usage, and the net is expensive to use.

    --

    JANA
    _____

    JANA, Jan 1, 2006
  8. Shep© Guest

    Shep©, Jan 1, 2006
  9. Plato Guest

    Plato, Jan 2, 2006
  10. DTDoyle Guest

    wrote:
    > Hi,
    >
    > Please can some1 tell me how to transfer files larger than 10MB (larger
    > than allowed size of attachments) ?
    >
    > Thanks,

    yousendit.com Files up to 1Gig,...AND,...its free

    DTDoyle, Jan 2, 2006