    How do I enable if possible large file download support on IE. I want to
    download a DVD ISO of Fedora Linux. But when I try normally through IE, it
    says the ISO is only 70mb when it should be like 4.3gb

    Nik Schlein, Nov 14, 2004

  2. Nik Schlein

    why? Guest

    On Sun, 14 Nov 2004 05:54:42 GMT, Nik Schlein wrote:

    >How do I enable if possible large file download support on IE. I want to
    >download a DVD ISO of Fedora Linux. But when I try normally through IE, it
    >says the ISO is only 70mb when it should be like 4.3gb

    Use a proper FTP client.
    http://tucows.com/ftp95_default.html
    CoffeeCup is okay it's free.
    I have heard AceFTP is easy to use.

    Or buy it from www.cheapbytes.com , or any of the Linux distro
    providers.

    The idea behind cheapbytes (and others) is you pay for duplication and
    mailing.

    Shipping $15.99
    Fedora Core 3 Linux x86 DVD-R

    Me

    why?, Nov 14, 2004

  3. Nik Schlein

    Ingeborg Guest

    "Nik Schlein" <> wrote in

    > How do I enable if possible large file download support on IE. I want
    > to download a DVD ISO of Fedora Linux. But when I try normally through
    > IE, it says the ISO is only 70mb when it should be like 4.3gb

    Download Firefox or Opera first.

    I suppose this ISO is 70 MB bigger than 4 real GB's, and IE the file size
    only stores in a 32 bits variabele, which makes a wrap around.
    In that case you can't download the ISO to a FAT32 partition, you'll have
    to use NTFS.

    Ingeborg, Nov 14, 2004