    One would think so, but......

    Thanks!

    Mike
    MikeF, Nov 13, 2003

  2. I heard this is true also on Windows XP. From what I understand, this was
    corrected in SP1. Workaround is format it on a different system (XP SP1,
    preferably), slapp it back in the new PC, and install OS without formatting.
    Goodluck.

    Christopher Beasley, Nov 13, 2003

  3. MikeF

    MF Guest

    Re: Large drive support in Server 2k3?? here's the skinny!

    Or what seems to be the skinny.
    W2K- with SP3 or above (put in SP4)= have to run the drive mfgrs program or
    edit the registry HKLM/system/currentcontrolset/services/atapi and put in a
    new value EnableBigLba and set it to 0x1.
    XP with SP1 - ditto.
    2003 Server - just update it. It reports the size of the drive accurately
    (always a disappointment) with no mods of the registry.

    Am just checking DiskManager with the drive laying on the desk. Havent
    installed it yet, but it looks like all will be okay after those mods and no
    mod necessary for 03 server.

    MF, Nov 14, 2003