    One would think so, but......

    Thanks!

    Mike
    MF, Nov 13, 2003

  2. MF

    Geoff Guest

    MF wrote:
    > I know Window 2k Pro and Server and Win XP do not support hard drives
    > over 137 GB out of the box. MS has articles telling you that they
    > don't and how to enable it on them. Can't find a thing on that
    > subject with regard to Server 2003. Does anybody know a) if it does,
    > or not, and b) if not, whether the method of enabling it is the same
    > on 03 as on the rest of them?
    >
    > One would think so, but......
    >
    > Thanks!
    >
    > Mike

    do a search for
    48bit LBA
    Geoff, Nov 13, 2003

  3. MF

    MF Guest

    Re: Large drive support in Server 2003- here's the skinny---

    Or what seems to be the skinny.
    W2K- with SP3 or above (put in SP4)= have to run the drive mfgrs program or
    edit the registry HKLM/system/currentcontrolset/services/atapi and put in a
    new value EnableBigLba and set it to 0x1.
    XP with SP1 - ditto.
    2003 Server - just update it. It reports the size of the drive accurately
    (always a disappointment) with no mods of the registry and no fiddling
    around with the mfgrs large drive update program.

    Am just checking DiskManager with the drive laying on the desk. Havent
    installed it yet, but it looks like all will be okay after those mods and no
    mod necessary for 03 server.
    Mike

    MF, Nov 14, 2003
  4. MF

    MF Guest

    Thanks for the tip! But as i hinted but sadly did not specify, this
    search yields nothing about 2003.

    regards,

    Mike

    MF, Nov 15, 2003