Large disk support after reinstall os problem

Discussion in 'Computer Information' started by P.P., Mar 12, 2005.

  1. P.P.

    P.P. Guest

    Hello,

    My computer has a 200 gb sata disk which I split in 2 partitions. The
    first (system) is 40 gb and the second (data) is 160 gb.

    When I installed Windows XP (I created a partition of 40 gb with the
    Windows XP install cd), it only 'saw' 128 gb of my disk due the large
    disk support problem. After I installed Service Pack 1 and Maxtor
    Large Disk Enabler that problem was solved and I created the second
    partition (160 gb) for my data.

    My question is: what will happen with my data on the second partition
    after i reinstall Windows XP? Service Pack 1 isn't integrated in the
    install cd and Maxtor Large Disk Enabler will not be installed at
    first. Will this result in data loss or does nothing happen as long as
    don't 'touch' the partition? Is there any solution to this problem?

    Thank you.

    P.P.

    P.P., Mar 12, 2005