large dataset to xml in vb.net

Discussion in 'Software' started by vbcheerful, Apr 9, 2008.

  1. vbcheerful

    vbcheerful

    Joined:
    Apr 8, 2008
    Messages:
    1
    I have a large dataset with 15000 rows and 87 columns. If i call Dataset.GetXml, it returns nothing and thus the rest of my code fails to execute.

    I tried to use writexml and wrote it to a stringbuilder and even a stringwriter.

    But same behavior was shown with stringbuilder.tostring or stringwriter.tostring.

    I debugged and when put a breakpoint near this and execute them in immediate window, I get "No such interface supported" message.

    This code works upto about 1500 odd rows of data.

    All I am trying to do is to load this xml to a dom element of MSXML and parse further.

    Is dataset in .net not able to handle this much large data. When I was successfully able to write it to a stringbuilder, the stringbuilder.length returned 56000257. Is this large for dataset?

    I am using odbc connection to connect to oracle database.

    Please advice further

    vbcheerful, Apr 9, 2008