    INTERVIDEO MSIPVS and INTERVIDEO WINPRODUCER software.
    Does anyone know how I can use this software to do this? Any help will do?

    Hugh
    Hugh Sutherland, Oct 16, 2003

  2. Hugh Sutherland

    gangle Guest

    Recompress the AVI (it's *already* compressed with a specific
    codec) with a lower bitrate using Virtual Dub. Keep in mind
    that it may look worse, and it takes a lot of trial and
    error to do this effectively. http://www.virtualdub.org/

    "Hugh Sutherland" wrote
    gangle, Oct 16, 2003

  3. Hugh Sutherland

    Guest

    "Hugh Sutherland" <> wrote in message news:<rBojb.9377$>...
    > I recently D/L'ed 2 of the same AVI movies (StarTrek Enterprise episodes).
    > One was 200MB and the other only 85MB. I watched them both and the quality
    > was pretty much the same. What program do I need to convert/compress the
    > large MB file to a smaller MB file? Do I need MPEG4 software or hardware?
    > I recently got a MSI TV@WANYWHERE MPEG4 tv tuner card. It came with
    > INTERVIDEO MSIPVS and INTERVIDEO WINPRODUCER software.
    > Does anyone know how I can use this software to do this? Any help will do?
    >
    > Hugh

    Best sites for information on this are www.dvdrhelp.com and www.doom9.org.

    Possibly one was an actual avi and the other a DivX or Xvid version.

    Jeroen
    , Oct 16, 2003