    Would prefer a high street but a good online retailer might be just as
    good.

    Many thanks for any help,

    Dave, Oct 1, 2007

  2. Dave

    Whiskers Guest

    On 2007-10-01, Dave <> wrote:
    > Any clue as to where I might be able to purchase a new laptop without
    > an OS in London UK?
    >
    > Would prefer a high street but a good online retailer might be just as
    > good.
    >
    > Many thanks for any help,

    <http://www.novatech.co.uk:80/novatech/home.html>. Or try independent
    computer shops for 'reconditioned' units or custom builds.

    --
    -- ^^^^^^^^^^
    -- Whiskers

    Whiskers, Oct 1, 2007

  3. Dave

    Gordon Guest

    "Dave" <> wrote in message
    > Any clue as to where I might be able to purchase a new laptop without
    > an OS in London UK?
    >
    > Would prefer a high street but a good online retailer might be just as
    > good.
    >
    > Many thanks for any help,

    Morgan Computers, New Oxford St.
    They sell "surplus to lease" equipment - I have had both my laptops from
    them.
    http://www.morgancomputers.co.uk/

    Gordon, Oct 1, 2007
  4. Dave

    Gordon Guest

    "Gordon" <> wrote in message
    > "Dave" <> wrote in message
    >> Any clue as to where I might be able to purchase a new laptop without
    >> an OS in London UK?
    >>
    >> Would prefer a high street but a good online retailer might be just as
    >> good.
    >>
    >> Many thanks for any help,
    >>

    > Morgan Computers, New Oxford St.
    > They sell "surplus to lease" equipment - I have had both my laptops from
    > them.
    > http://www.morgancomputers.co.uk/

    well they USED to - seems like they don't anymore, looking on their
    website...

    Gordon, Oct 1, 2007
  5. Dave

    old man Guest

    You are unlikely to find any significant money saving by not having th o/s
    supplied.
    Simply locate the laptop you want by specification, buy it & wipe the
    system.
    Of course you would want to ensure that drivers are avilable from the Laptop
    manu for whatever o/s you are installing & installing a none supported o/s
    may invalidate any warranty

    May I ask why?

    old man, Oct 1, 2007
  6. Dave <> wrote...
    > Any clue as to where I might be able to purchase a new laptop without
    > an OS in London UK?
    >
    > Would prefer a high street but a good online retailer might be just as
    > good.
    >
    > Many thanks for any help,

    why duz it gots' t' be high street? why not george street o' muhrtle
    street?

    Tembang Sunda, Oct 2, 2007