    noticed that if another laptop with wifi enabled aproached next to mine, or
    if a PocketPC with wifi aproaches or connects with activesync, my laptop
    loses its connection and I get Limited connectivity. Why does this happen?
    Andreas, Jan 10, 2007

  2. Hi
    If this occurs on a system with your own Wireless source (I.e. your own
    Wireless Router/Access Point) switch the system to another channel. If it is
    occurring in a public place I do not think that you can do any thing about
    it.
    Jack (MVP-Networking).

    Jack \(MVP-Networking\)., Jan 10, 2007

  3. Andreas

    Patty Guest

    On Wed, 10 Jan 2007 16:40:51 -0500, Jack (MVP-Networking). wrote:

    > Hi
    > If this occurs on a system with your own Wireless source (I.e. your own
    > Wireless Router/Access Point) switch the system to another channel. If it is
    > occurring in a public place I do not think that you can do any thing about
    > it.
    > Jack (MVP-Networking).

    I've had this happen when using cellphones or my cordless land phone near
    my wifi laptop. I'm currently using Channel 11. Is there a connection
    between Channel 11 and phones? I don't want to go back to Channel 6 since
    that's the default for my Linksys WAP and I find that most people just use
    the default, which is why I chose something different. Thanks!

    Patty
    Patty, Jan 11, 2007