    Regards,
    David

    Please reply to News Group

    David, Dec 8, 2006

  2. David

    Evan Platt Guest

    On Fri, 08 Dec 2006 21:35:51 GMT, "David" <>
    wrote:

    >My desk top PC with XP is connected to my broadband ISP via a wireless
    >conection. Today I've have just bought a new Laptop. Got it switched on
    >with its inturnal wireless switched on and it conected its self to Microsoft
    >and got update, security/ IE7 etc. I then selected Nortons Security and
    >clicked updater and that conected and downloaded update.
    >Following a scan, I opened IE went to options and set my ISPs homepage as
    >the default, but IE will not conect to the internet.
    >I've checked that settings are the same on both compters.
    >Can you advise me please?
    >Please remember to keep answers resonably simple for me.

    Can you open http://216.239.51.104 ? This is google's IP.

    If you can't first thing to try is disable Norton.

    Evan Platt, Dec 8, 2006

  3. David

    David Guest

    "Evan Platt" <> wrote in message

    > Can you open http://216.239.51.104 ? This is google's IP.

    No.

    So I switched off the wireless connection got my Broadband modern out and
    installed it, and IE still would not connect. So I went into control panel/
    IE and reset IE back to as at first. This made it work via USB modern and
    thankfully via wireless connection.

    Thanks for your prompt response to me.

    Next question, sorrry there is allways more.
    Whilst typing my user name for the connection via USB I realised my keyboard
    has @ and " reversed, is this what they call American vs English Keyboards.
    How do I make my English key @ stop printing " and my " key printing @ ?

    --
    Regards,