    on it for clients.

    Gary
    , Oct 27, 2003

  2. Jerry Guest

    Depending on how much she wants to spend. If she needs longer usage go with
    a Centrino. If money is a concern then look at a celron or ahtlon. She
    also should look for one with some sort of AV out so she is able to hook it
    up to a TV monitor. I Have a Compaq that works well. My daughter had a
    Tohiba that she liked until it was stolen she now has an HP and seems to
    like it. I looked at the Sonys but ruled them out because they are a little
    to pricey for what you get and I saw more of them in the service department
    than any other laptop. Hope this helps.

    Jerry, Oct 27, 2003

  3. The best brands are the Toshiba models actually built by Toshiba, and
    IBM Thinkpads. Everything else is a notch (or more) lower. The Toshiba
    models actually built by Toshiba have 15-volt power supplies, while the
    models designed and built for them by a Taiwanese contractor have
    19-volt power supplies.

    Barry Watzman, Oct 27, 2003
  4. I use PCs for compatibility but would consider a Mac, especially if your
    friend is a neophyte.

    Clean your room, Oct 27, 2003
  5. Aaron Jarden Guest

    anything that can actually run powerpoint would be fine.

    Aaron Jarden, Oct 28, 2003