    When an XP system laptop freezes solid so even ctrl/alt/delete wont work so
    you cant access 'task manager'
    >....how do you switch it off ? Bob

    Bob B, Jun 28, 2004

  2. Bob B

    Patrick Guest

    I think (I know for HP and Compaqs) that if you just hold down the button
    you press to turn it on for 5 seconds, it will cut off. If that doesn't
    work, you could also just pop out the battery and pop it back in.

    Patrick, Jun 28, 2004

  3. Bob B

    Brian Guest

    "Patrick" <> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
    > I think (I know for HP and Compaqs) that if you just hold down the button
    > you press to turn it on for 5 seconds, it will cut off. If that doesn't
    > work, you could also just pop out the battery and pop it back in.
    >

    > "Bob B" <> wrote in message
    > > When an XP system laptop freezes solid so even ctrl/alt/delete wont work

    > so
    > > you cant access 'task manager'
    > > >....how do you switch it off ? Bob

    you could also just pop out the battery and pop it back in
    OMFG
    Brian, Jun 29, 2004
  4. Bob B

    Rifleman Guest

    "Patrick" <> wrote in message
    > I think (I know for HP and Compaqs) that if you just hold down the button
    > you press to turn it on for 5 seconds, it will cut off.

    Toshes do that as well.
    Rifleman, Jun 29, 2004
  5. Bob B

    Scraggy Guest

    Rifleman wrote:
    > "Patrick" <> wrote in message
    >> I think (I know for HP and Compaqs) that if you just hold down the
    >> button you press to turn it on for 5 seconds, it will cut off.

    > Toshes do that as well.

    Tosh, will of course, deny this. :)
    Scraggy, Jun 29, 2004
  6. Bob B

    Rifleman Guest

    "Scraggy" <> wrote in message
    > Rifleman wrote:
    > > "Patrick" <> wrote in message
    > >> I think (I know for HP and Compaqs) that if you just hold down the
    > >> button you press to turn it on for 5 seconds, it will cut off.

    > > Toshes do that as well.

    > Tosh, will of course, deny this. :)

    Oi Tosh, gotta Toshiba?
    Rifleman, Jun 29, 2004
  7. Bob B

    Bob B Guest

    "Brian" <> wrote in message news:...

    > "Patrick" <> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
    > > I think (I know for HP and Compaqs) that if you just hold down the

    button
    > > you press to turn it on for 5 seconds, it will cut off. If that doesn't
    > > work, you could also just pop out the battery and pop it back in.
    > >

    > > "Bob B" <> wrote in message
    > > > When an XP system laptop freezes solid so even ctrl/alt/delete wont

    work
    > > so
    > > > you cant access 'task manager'
    > > > >

    > you could also just pop out the battery and pop it back in
    > OMFG

    Amazing..... so the only way to turn it off is to 'disconnect the battery'
    Bob (by the way it is an Ei system 4420 (from pc world)
    Bob B, Jun 29, 2004