    Pavilion laptop won't turn on this morning. It was working last night. It
    won't turn on with the power cord plugged in or out. Any suggestions?

    Thanks.

    Atlas Shrugged, Mar 22, 2009

  2. Atlas Shrugged

    Leythos Guest

    In article <gq5kk8$q2p$>,
    says...

    > My son is desperate for help. He has a paper due at school but this HP
    > Pavilion laptop won't turn on this morning. It was working last night. It
    > won't turn on with the power cord plugged in or out. Any suggestions?

    Remove the battery, disconnect the AC power also, wait 1 minute, press
    the power button and hold it for 20 seconds, release the power button.
    Connect the AC power, leave battery out, press power button like you
    would to start it - if that doesn't work, call HP. If it does work, put
    batter back in laptop.

    drug dealer an "unlicensed pharmacist"
    (remove 999 for proper email address)

    Leythos, Mar 22, 2009

  3. Atlas Shrugged

    Evan Platt Guest

    On Sun, 22 Mar 2009 11:14:14 -0400, "Atlas Shrugged"
    <> wrote:

    >My son is desperate for help. He has a paper due at school but this HP
    >Pavilion laptop won't turn on this morning. It was working last night. It
    >won't turn on with the power cord plugged in or out. Any suggestions?

    Not a lot of information to go on.. Try a different power cord. Try a
    different battery. If neither of those work, don't believe there's
    much else you can try.

    On POSSIBLE idea if neither of the above work - take out battery and
    unplug it from power. Hold down power button for 30 seconds to a
    minute. This MAY clear out your BIOS, so you'd need to go back in and
    configure the BIOS again, but this is more of a last resort.

    Evan Platt, Mar 22, 2009
  4. "philo" <> wrote in message

    > "Atlas Shrugged" <> wrote in message
    >>
    >> My son is desperate for help. He has a paper due at school but this HP
    >> Pavilion laptop won't turn on this morning. It was working last night.
    >> It won't turn on with the power cord plugged in or out. Any suggestions?
    >>
    >> Thanks.
    >>

    > Have him take it to a repair shop
    > and let him do his paper from the machine you are posting from

    Hard to do. He's at school in his dorm.

    Atlas Shrugged, Mar 22, 2009
  5. Atlas Shrugged

    doS Guest

    what model is it,is it a DV model.... there is an issue with some HP
    laptops, a friend of mine had to have the mobo replaced. there is an
    extended warranty HP gave for this issue

    doS, Mar 22, 2009
  6. Atlas Shrugged

    doS Guest

    doS, Mar 22, 2009
  7. Atlas Shrugged

    Whiskers Guest

    On 2009-03-22, Atlas Shrugged <> wrote:
    > "philo" <> wrote in message
    >> "Atlas Shrugged" <> wrote in message
    >>>
    >>> My son is desperate for help. He has a paper due at school but this HP
    >>> Pavilion laptop won't turn on this morning. It was working last night.
    >>> It won't turn on with the power cord plugged in or out. Any suggestions?
    >>>
    >>> Thanks.
    >>>

    >> Have him take it to a repair shop
    >> and let him do his paper from the machine you are posting from
    >>

    > Hard to do. He's at school in his dorm.

    If the school expect or require the use of laptops then the school must
    have plans for what to do when a particular machine fails. Such as spare
    hardware, and a computer technician on the staff or on call - or at least
    some sort of friendly arrangement with a local shop. Tell him to explain
    to his house-master or tutor or whoever the person is in loco parentis.

    --
    -- ^^^^^^^^^^
    -- Whiskers

    Whiskers, Mar 22, 2009
  8. Atlas Shrugged

    philo Guest

    > "philo" <> wrote in message
    >>
    >> "Atlas Shrugged" <> wrote in message
    >>>
    >>> My son is desperate for help. He has a paper due at school but this HP
    >>> Pavilion laptop won't turn on this morning. It was working last night.
    >>> It won't turn on with the power cord plugged in or out. Any
    >>> suggestions?
    >>>
    >>> Thanks.
    >>>

    >> Have him take it to a repair shop
    >> and let him do his paper from the machine you are posting from
    >>

    > Hard to do. He's at school in his dorm.

    There must be some geek there who knows how to work on laptops...

    philo, Mar 22, 2009
  9. Atlas Shrugged

    Ricky Bobby Guest

    > My son is desperate for help. He has a paper due at school but this HP
    > Pavilion laptop won't turn on this morning. It was working last night.
    > It won't turn on with the power cord plugged in or out. Any suggestions?
    >
    > Thanks.

    Always, Google is your friend:

    "laptop won't power up"

    Results 1 - 10 of about 72,800,000 for laptop won't power up. (0.28
    seconds)

    Ricky Bobby, Mar 22, 2009
  10. philo wrote:
    > "Atlas Shrugged" <> wrote in message
    >>
    >> "philo" <> wrote in message
    >>> "Atlas Shrugged" <> wrote in message

    >>> Have him take it to a repair shop
    >>> and let him do his paper from the machine you are posting from
    >>>

    >> Hard to do. He's at school in his dorm.
    >>

    > There must be some geek there who knows how to work on laptops...

    Maybe its the school for short bus riders.

    ^_^

    --
    http://www.palindeception.com/
    http://palinpics4truth.blogspot.com

    §ñühw¤£f, Mar 22, 2009
  11. Atlas Shrugged wrote:
    > My son is desperate for help. He has a paper due at school but this HP
    > Pavilion laptop won't turn on this morning. It was working last night. It
    > won't turn on with the power cord plugged in or out. Any suggestions?
    >
    > Thanks.

    You might try a lawsuit.

    HTH

    §ñühw¤£f, Mar 22, 2009
  12. "Leythos" <> wrote in message
    > In article <gq5kk8$q2p$>,
    > says...
    >>
    >> My son is desperate for help. He has a paper due at school but this HP
    >> Pavilion laptop won't turn on this morning. It was working last night.
    >> It
    >> won't turn on with the power cord plugged in or out. Any suggestions?

    > Remove the battery, disconnect the AC power also, wait 1 minute, press
    > the power button and hold it for 20 seconds, release the power button.
    > Connect the AC power, leave battery out, press power button like you
    > would to start it - if that doesn't work, call HP. If it does work, put
    > batter back in laptop.
    >
    > --
    > - Igitur qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum.
    > - Calling an illegal alien an "undocumented worker" is like calling a
    > drug dealer an "unlicensed pharmacist"
    > (remove 999 for proper email address)

    I sent him your comments and he said it didn't work. I'll have him bring it
    to a repair shop.

    Thanks for your suggestions.

    Atlas Shrugged, Mar 24, 2009
  13. "Evan Platt" <> wrote in message
    > On Sun, 22 Mar 2009 11:14:14 -0400, "Atlas Shrugged"
    > <> wrote:
    >

    >>My son is desperate for help. He has a paper due at school but this HP
    >>Pavilion laptop won't turn on this morning. It was working last night.
    >>It
    >>won't turn on with the power cord plugged in or out. Any suggestions?

    > Not a lot of information to go on.. Try a different power cord. Try a
    > different battery. If neither of those work, don't believe there's
    > much else you can try.
    >
    > On POSSIBLE idea if neither of the above work - take out battery and
    > unplug it from power. Hold down power button for 30 seconds to a
    > minute. This MAY clear out your BIOS, so you'd need to go back in and
    > configure the BIOS again, but this is more of a last resort.

    He tried it and it doesn't work. I'll have him bring it to a repair shop.
    Thanks for your help.

    Atlas Shrugged, Mar 24, 2009
  14. "doS" <> wrote in message
    > what model is it,is it a DV model.... there is an issue with some HP
    > laptops, a friend of mine had to have the mobo replaced. there is an
    > extended warranty HP gave for this issue
    >

    > "Atlas Shrugged" <> wrote in message
    >>
    >> My son is desperate for help. He has a paper due at school but this HP
    >> Pavilion laptop won't turn on this morning. It was working last night.
    >> It won't turn on with the power cord plugged in or out. Any suggestions?
    >>
    >> Thanks.

    It's not one of those models. It's a 58xx model, 3 years old.

    Atlas Shrugged, Mar 24, 2009
  15. Atlas Shrugged

    Guest

    Atlas Shrugged wrote:
    > "philo" <> wrote in message
    > >
    > > "Atlas Shrugged" <> wrote in message
    > >>
    > >> My son is desperate for help. He has a paper due at school but this HP
    > >> Pavilion laptop won't turn on this morning. It was working last night.
    > >> It won't turn on with the power cord plugged in or out. Any suggestions?
    > >>
    > >> Thanks.
    > >>

    > > Have him take it to a repair shop
    > > and let him do his paper from the machine you are posting from
    > >

    > Hard to do. He's at school in his dorm.

    Surely they would consider unforeseen problems, if he made the issue
    known.

    Drugs? was he hinting at money?

    Sorry, just a thought

    , Mar 27, 2009