Laptop with Bluetooth cant see Nokia Phone

Discussion in 'Wireless Networking' started by Janet, Apr 8, 2006.

1. Janet

Janet Guest

Please help. I have spend days trying to get to the bottom of this issue.

I have a Fujitsu Siemens Lifebook S6120D (which has a Bluetooth sticker next to the centrino one) and a Nokia 6230 and just go my new 62301. I can pair the phones with a Bluetooth headset ok - so I know the phones are working ok.

However, in Control Panel, there is NO option for Bluetooth Devices. There is an on/off switch on the back of the laptop for BT. (and I get the comforting 'ding dong' when I use it). Clicking, Start, Connect To, and choosing 'all connections' shows a BT USB Dongle (network). Status: Cable Unplugged.

FJ machines are shipped with either Widcomm or s/w called Plug Free. I got Plug Free which FJ have told me is NOT compatible with Nokia (helpful) and the Nokia s/w called PC suite refuses to see the phone. Neither FJ or Nokia will help and the laptop and phones are STILL under warranty. Plug Free will pair with the phone - but not for any useful functions - only the following - when I click other services the Nokia PC Suite show - I can choose it and click 'connect and add' but nothing happens.
    OBEX File transfer,
    Dial Up networking,
    Serial,
    OBEX push.

When I click other services the Nokia PC Suite show - I can choose it and click 'connect and add' but nothing happens.

When I right click on the Nokia PC Suite icon in system tray, choose About and system info: this is the info:

Operating system:
    Microsoft Windows XP
    Build 2600
    Service Pack 2

Bluetooth stack:
    Microsoft Bluetooth stack
    Version 5.1.2600.2180

According to Nokia website - the BT stacks needed include the MS Windows BT stack - so all SHOULD work - BUT IT DOESN'T. I have searched the Microsoft, FJ and Nokia sites for a solution, rang Fujitsu and Nokia - and no help at all.

I hope to get a reply soon.

Many thanks.

--
    Janet

Please remove the 'cat' when replying

Janet, Apr 8, 2006
    1. Advertising

2. Janet

Newport Guest

Maybe here someone can help you alt.celular.bluetooth
    good luck

--

"Janet" <> wrote in message news:...
    Please help. I have spend days trying to get to the bottom of this issue.

I have a Fujitsu Siemens Lifebook S6120D (which has a Bluetooth sticker next to the centrino one) and a Nokia 6230 and just go my new 62301. I can pair the phones with a Bluetooth headset ok - so I know the phones are working ok.

However, in Control Panel, there is NO option for Bluetooth Devices. There is an on/off switch on the back of the laptop for BT. (and I get the comforting 'ding dong' when I use it). Clicking, Start, Connect To, and choosing 'all connections' shows a BT USB Dongle (network). Status: Cable Unplugged.

FJ machines are shipped with either Widcomm or s/w called Plug Free. I got Plug Free which FJ have told me is NOT compatible with Nokia (helpful) and the Nokia s/w called PC suite refuses to see the phone. Neither FJ or Nokia will help and the laptop and phones are STILL under warranty. Plug Free will pair with the phone - but not for any useful functions - only the following - when I click other services the Nokia PC Suite show - I can choose it and click 'connect and add' but nothing happens.
    OBEX File transfer,
    Dial Up networking,
    Serial,
    OBEX push.

When I click other services the Nokia PC Suite show - I can choose it and click 'connect and add' but nothing happens.

When I right click on the Nokia PC Suite icon in system tray, choose About and system info: this is the info:

Operating system:
    Microsoft Windows XP
    Build 2600
    Service Pack 2

Bluetooth stack:
    Microsoft Bluetooth stack
    Version 5.1.2600.2180

According to Nokia website - the BT stacks needed include the MS Windows BT stack - so all SHOULD work - BUT IT DOESN'T. I have searched the Microsoft, FJ and Nokia sites for a solution, rang Fujitsu and Nokia - and no help at all.

I hope to get a reply soon.

Many thanks.

--
    Janet

Please remove the 'cat' when replying

Newport, Apr 8, 2006
    1. Advertising