Laptop Win XL and PC with Win 98se Wireless Connection

Discussion in 'Wireless Networking' started by sam, Jul 29, 2004.

  1. sam

    sam Guest

    Help-trying to set up wireless network with Win98sePC
    &WinXL laptop. All Netgear hardware installed, however
    not able to see each other in Network Neighborhood.Can
    print from laptop, but can't do anything else. Hav e tried
    to follow instruction, but there obviously is something
    not working for me. I am somewhat of a novice and so much
    of the info pertaining to this subject is confusing to
    me. Any simplified info recommended for tackling this
    problem which I suspect is more with the PC.

    It would seem that if I can print from the laptop to the
    Printer attached to the PC, that I am connected, but why
    do the two computers not show up in each other's
    neighborhood? The following error msg appears when I
    attempt to contact the PC:
    " \\oem-pc\personal is not accessible. You might not
    have permission to use the network resources. Contact
    administrator of this server to find out if you have
    permission.
    The network path was not found. "

    Questions: Who/what is permission, administrator, server,
    network resources??????
    Thanks for any help or ideas.
    sam, Jul 29, 2004