    three machines are using Windoes XP Home with SP 2 installed.

    Thanks,
    Nic

    =?Utf-8?B?Tmlj?=, Apr 6, 2005

  2. =?Utf-8?B?Tmlj?=

    Jack \(MVP\) Guest

    Hi
    I am not sure how your Network is connected (Wireless Source? How the Internet gets
    in?).
    Jack (MVP-Networking)

    Jack \(MVP\), Apr 6, 2005

  3. Jack,
    I have a router which is connected to the internet, and all three machines
    access the internet perfectly. To get a more detailed explanation of my
    problem, I just saw that a person posted Help!!! can't get 2 pc'2 wireless on
    the discussion, right over mine. He has exactly the same problem I have.

    Thanks for your time and efforts,
    Nic

    =?Utf-8?B?Tmlj?=, Apr 6, 2005
  4. =?Utf-8?B?Tmlj?=

    Luap Guest

    Nic wrote:
    > I have set up a small network at home using one wired computerto a Hub, and
    > one with a wireless connection. They work fine. Now I bought a lapttop and
    > I can't get connected to the other machines. From the two other machines, I
    > can see the laptop, but I cant access it. From the laptop I can't even see
    > thr laptop itself? " I mean see, as when one goes into My network Places,
    > one can see the icon of the computer one is working on" I've run the wizard
    > a couple of times, but it just doesn't work. I've had this same problem with
    > another laptop, but I can't remember what I did to fix the problem. All
    > three machines are using Windoes XP Home with SP 2 installed.
    >
    > Thanks,
    > Nic

    Windows is deperate as a networking OS, really, really bad. I had
    terrible problems with my wired network (had to assign my own IP's etc.)
    and in the end used third party software (Netproxy) to solve the
    problem. It took minutes to setup and worked first time.
    Lua

    Luap, Apr 6, 2005