    Any ideas / suggestions greatly appreciated.
    TIA.
    Jordan
    Jordan Greenberg, Dec 6, 2006

  2. Jordan Greenberg wrote:

    > Hey all,
    > I'm in the planning stages of building my laptop into my car... I'm

    Btw. ... you should be aware of the fact that car insurances refuse to pay
    for damages caused by intruders, when you have visible goods apparently
    worth a breakin lying inside your car.
    Walter Mautner, Dec 6, 2006

  3. Walter Mautner <> wrote in

    > Jordan Greenberg wrote:
    >
    >> Hey all,
    >> I'm in the planning stages of building my laptop into my car... I'm

    > Btw. ... you should be aware of the fact that car insurances refuse to
    > pay for damages caused by intruders, when you have visible goods
    > apparently worth a breakin lying inside your car.

    And whereas bigger inverters create bigger heat issues, auto insurance,
    especially around here, will give you fits if a fire is caused by some 3rd
    party electrical accessories not professionally installed. And then they
    subrogate litiagation against the professional installers...

    To me boxing is like a ballet,
    except there's no music,
    no choreography,
    and the dancers hit each other
    until the loser cries like a little girl,
    or does that whole go-to-sleep thing.

    Some people would do anything to get out of finishing the dance.
    Bucky Breeder, Dec 6, 2006
  4. Walter Mautner wrote:
    > Jordan Greenberg wrote:
    >
    >> Hey all,
    >> I'm in the planning stages of building my laptop into my car... I'm

    > Btw. ... you should be aware of the fact that car insurances refuse to pay
    > for damages caused by intruders, when you have visible goods apparently
    > worth a breakin lying inside your car.

    Yeah, I have previous experiences with that particular little rule...
    over the $150 pool cue in the car... that they didn't even steal... I'm
    not with that insurance company anymore, lets hope these guys are less
    evil. (If non-evil insurance is even possible)

    Hopefully, it won't be visible, at all. The laptop & inverter'll go in
    the trunk, and (once it actually comes in the mail) I'm gonna try and
    build a mount so the touchscreen is removable, so I can take it with me
    or at least stash it in the glove box.

    Thanks for the advice.
    Jordan Greenberg
    Jordan Greenberg, Dec 6, 2006