    the time and just a few other process wih very low peaks.

    I realy need steps to take in order to troubleshoot thisproblem

    Thanks a bunch gurus

    naguaramipana, Dec 18, 2008

  2. naguaramipana

    Dan C Guest

    On Thu, 18 Dec 2008 07:32:57 -0800, naguaramipana wrote:

    > Hi gurus
    >
    > I realy need your help like crazy, I need steps to troubleshoot my
    > laptop and here is the problem
    >
    > I update the laptop today, and after updated it it started to act weird,
    > very slow in closing and opening folders and windows, if you move the
    > window it leaves a trace but also the window goes away in pieces and
    > shows in the new location in pieces until the window is complete, I
    > though it was a memory problem, but there is memory left over 2gb, I
    > checked TM and process are normal idle has the most % all the time and
    > just a few other process wih very low peaks.
    >
    > I realy need steps to take in order to troubleshoot thisproblem
    >
    > Thanks a bunch gurus

    Format your hard drive.

    Dan C, Dec 18, 2008

  3. On Dec 18, 9:34 am, Dan C <> wrote:
    > On Thu, 18 Dec 2008 07:32:57 -0800, naguaramipana wrote:
    > > Hi gurus

    > > I realy need your help like crazy,  I need steps to troubleshoot my
    > > laptop and here is the problem

    > > I update the laptop today, and after updated it it started to act weird,
    > > very slow in closing and opening folders and windows, if you move the
    > > window it leaves a trace but also the window goes away in pieces and
    > > shows in the new location in pieces until the window is complete, I
    > > though it was a memory problem, but there is memory left over 2gb, I
    > > checked TM and process are normal idle has the most % all the time and
    > > just a few other process wih very low peaks.

    > > I realy need steps to take in order to troubleshoot thisproblem

    > > Thanks a bunch gurus

    > Format your hard drive.
    >
    > --
    > "Ubuntu" -- an African word, meaning "Slackware is too hard for me".
    > The Usenet Improvement Project:http://improve-usenet.org
    > Ahhhhhhh!:  http://brandybuck.site40.net/pics/relieve.jpg- Hide quoted text -

    Dan

    That cant be the answer for everything, I might not be the smarter
    one but for sure there are someone out there that does not use the
    formatting to fix a computer all the time and that is the one smarter
    than us, we the ones that use formatting to fix everything.

    Thanks anyway for your imput.

    naguaramipana, Dec 18, 2008
  4. naguaramipana

    meerkat Guest

    "naguaramipana" <> wrote in message
    > Hi gurus
    >
    > I realy need your help like crazy, I need steps to troubleshoot my
    > laptop and here is the problem
    >
    > I update the laptop today, and after updated it it started to act
    > weird, very slow in closing and opening folders and windows, if you
    > move the window it leaves a trace but also the window goes away in
    > pieces and shows in the new location in pieces until the window is
    > complete, I though it was a memory problem, but there is memory left
    > over 2gb, I checked TM and process are normal idle has the most % all
    > the time and just a few other process wih very low peaks.
    >
    > I realy need steps to take in order to troubleshoot thisproblem

    Don`t format your drive yet !
    Rt click My Computer/Manage/Event Viewer.
    Open first Applications, then System.
    See what current errors are showing, by dbl/clicking them.
    You might be able to pin things down a bit.
    bw..

    meerkat, Dec 18, 2008
  5. On Dec 18, 10:13 am, "meerkat" <> wrote:
    > "naguaramipana" <> wrote in message

    > > Hi gurus

    > > I realy need your help like crazy,  I need steps to troubleshoot my
    > > laptop and here is the problem

    > > I update the laptop today, and after updated it it started to act
    > > weird, very slow in closing and opening folders and windows, if you
    > > move the window it leaves a trace but also the window goes away in
    > > pieces and shows in the new location in pieces until the window is
    > > complete, I though it was a memory problem, but there is memory left
    > > over 2gb, I checked TM and process are normal idle has the most % all
    > > the time and just a few other process wih very low peaks.

    > > I realy need steps to take in order to troubleshoot thisproblem

    > Don`t format your drive yet !
    > Rt click My Computer/Manage/Event Viewer.
    > Open first Applications, then System.
    > See what current errors are showing, by dbl/clicking them.
    > You might be able to pin things down a bit.
    > bw..- Hide quoted text -

    M.

    Thanks, I did that and no errors were found, nada, what would be my
    next step.

    Thanks a bunch

    naguaramipana, Dec 18, 2008
  6. On Dec 18, 10:16 am, "Rolf BillyBong" <> wrote:
    > "naguaramipana" <> wrote in message

    > > Hi gurus

    > > I realy need your help like crazy,  I need steps to troubleshoot my
    > > laptop and here is the problem

    > > I update the laptop today, and after updated it it started to act
    > > weird,

    > What did you update, Windows - Which one?
    > If it's not a windows update, what did you update.
    > Drivers, software, anti-virus, browser, a subscription to a gym?
    >
    > >snipped<

    > Boot into safe mode, to do so just repeatedly tap F8 key during boot
    > and select "Safe Mode"
    > Then goto Start/Programs/Accessories/System Tools/System Restore
    > If, and it's a big "IF" with your strange post, but if it was a windows
    > update then it would've created a restore point, select that to restore
    > to point immediately prior to your mysterious update.

    R.

    sorry about my mysterious post, windows update is the answer to your
    question

    Thanks

    naguaramipana, Dec 18, 2008
  7. On Thu, 18 Dec 2008 07:32:57 -0800, naguaramipana aided th' terraists with
    the following claims :

    > Hi gurus
    >
    > I realy need your help like crazy,

    Theres plenty of crazy here...

    > I need steps to troubleshoot my
    > laptop and here is the problem:
    >
    > I update the laptop today,

    Micro$oft update or Anti Virus update?

    > and after updated it it started to act
    > weird, very slow in closing and opening folders and windows, if you
    > move the window it leaves a trace but also the window goes away in
    > pieces and shows in the new location in pieces until the window is
    > complete, I though it was a memory problem, but there is memory left
    > over 2gb, I checked TM and process are normal idle has the most % all
    > the time and just a few other process wih very low peaks.

    Interesting. Are you using Windows Vista or XP?

    > I realy need steps to take in order to troubleshoot thisproblem

    Try turning all the animations for text boxes & stuff off.
    http://windowshelp.microsoft.com/Windows/en-us/help/c33fe91a-9e6f-41f4-ae82-3ed2d5fa2fbf1033.mspx

    > Thanks a bunch gurus

    Send money!
    :)

    http://www.alternet.org

    §ñühwØ£f, Dec 18, 2008
  8. Try reinstalling your video driver.

    Centre Parting, Dec 18, 2008
  9. naguaramipana

    On Dec 18, 10:13 am, "meerkat" <> wrote:
    > "naguaramipana" <> wrote in message

    > > Hi gurus

    > > I realy need your help like crazy, I need steps to troubleshoot my
    > > laptop and here is the problem

    > > I update the laptop today, and after updated it it started to act
    > > weird, very slow in closing and opening folders and windows, if you
    > > move the window it leaves a trace but also the window goes away in
    > > pieces and shows in the new location in pieces until the window is
    > > complete, I though it was a memory problem, but there is memory left
    > > over 2gb, I checked TM and process are normal idle has the most %
    > > all
    > > the time and just a few other process wih very low peaks.

    > > I realy need steps to take in order to troubleshoot thisproblem

    > Don`t format your drive yet !
    > Rt click My Computer/Manage/Event Viewer.
    > Open first Applications, then System.
    > See what current errors are showing, by dbl/clicking them.
    > You might be able to pin things down a bit.
    > bw..- Hide quoted text -

    M.

    Thanks, I did that and no errors were found, nada, what would be my
    next step.

    That solves that then %> ).
    The next step for me, would be to do a System Restore.

    meerkat, Dec 18, 2008