    to my PC? could i get the internet on a windows 98 PC? the main computer is
    downstairs, and i was wondering if just an ethernet cable to the PC would
    enable it to connect it to the wireless internet from my laptop. please help
    ewastudent, Dec 4, 2008

  2. You may setup ICS. This how to may help.
    ICS setup
    Internet Connection Sharing (ICS) enables a Windows (Win98SE, Win2K
    and XP) computer to share its Internet connection with computers on local
    area networks. ...
    www.chicagotech.net/icssetup.htm

    --
    Bob Lin, MS-MVP, MCSE & CNE
    http://www.ChicagoTech.net
    Robert L. \(MS-MVP\), Dec 4, 2008

  3. ewastudent

    ewastudent Guest

    well what about if i took the hard drive or hard disc out of the laptop,
    would i be able to access the internet without the burden of filter
    software, and could i be able to put the hard drive back in easily. thank
    you for your help, if i could go to that site i would. I have a HP vista
    computer.

    ewastudent, Dec 4, 2008
  4. Without the laptop hard drive, it would not work and you could not connect to anything.
    I sounds like this is all way over your skill level.
    I would recommend you get some profession help or leave it alone.

    Richard in AZ, Dec 4, 2008
  5. ewastudent

    ewastudent Guest

    ok well thank you