    from the laptop.

    I've tried every parameter I know. What am I missing?

    Thanks, ObiWans
    =?Utf-8?B?TGF0ZU5pZ2h0ZXI=?=, Feb 24, 2005

  2. =?Utf-8?B?TGF0ZU5pZ2h0ZXI=?=

    Malke Guest

    LateNighter wrote:

    > I've networked my laptop with my desktop thru a d-link di-624, and I
    > can see the shared folder of the laptop from the desktop(and can ping
    > the laptop), but can't access the desktop from the laptop(can't get a
    > ping response from
    > the desktop). I keep getting a "you may not have access permissions"
    > error from the laptop.
    >
    > I've tried every parameter I know. What am I missing?
    >
    > Thanks, ObiWans

    Since you haven't told us what operating systems (and service pack
    levels) are involved, you can't get a specific answer. However, here
    are links to help you with sharing:

    http://www.bcmaven.com/networking/faq.htm - Steve Winograd, MVP
    http://www.practicallynetworked.com/sharing/xp/filesharing.htm (Home)
    (Pro)
    http://www.ezlan.net/index.html - Jack, MVP
    http://www.howtonetworking.com/default.htm - Bob Lin, MVP

    And if you don't find what you're looking for there, take the time to go
    through this network troubleshooter by MVP Hans-Georg Michna:

    http://www.michna.com/kb/wxnet.htm

    It will pinpoint the problem area(s).

    Malke
    --
    MS MVP - Windows Shell/User
    Elephant Boy Computers
    Malke, Feb 24, 2005

  3. Update: the desktop is running XP Home SP2, the notebook XP Pro SP2.
    Thanks for the links!

    =?Utf-8?B?TGF0ZU5pZ2h0ZXI=?=, Feb 24, 2005
  4. =?Utf-8?B?TGF0ZU5pZ2h0ZXI=?=

    DLink Guru Guest

    Try This:

    http://www.howtonetworking.com/Troubleshooting/notaccessibale0.htm