    I can't see any differences.
    Regards
    David

    David, Jan 9, 2007

  2. David

    Evan Platt Guest

    On Tue, 09 Jan 2007 17:00:16 GMT, "David" <> wrote:

    >I have a strange situation with my new laptop if I 'Sync. all' it times out
    >on connecting to to my ISP pop3 server.
    >If I 'Sync.' Newsgroups' it downlods these. Following this if I 'Sync. all'
    >then it downloads my e-mails followed by NGs.
    >I've checked my programme settings/accounts with my working out Desktop and
    >I can't see any differences.
    >Regards
    >David

    What operating system?

    What version of Outhouse?

    What is the error message?

    Evan Platt, Jan 9, 2007

  3. David

    David Guest

    "Evan Platt" <> wrote in message
    > On Tue, 09 Jan 2007 17:00:16 GMT, "David" <> wrote:
    >
    >>I have a strange situation with my new laptop if I 'Sync. all' it times
    >>out
    >>on connecting to to my ISP pop3 server.
    >>If I 'Sync.' Newsgroups' it downlods these. Following this if I 'Sync.
    >>all'
    >>then it downloads my e-mails followed by NGs.
    >>I've checked my programme settings/accounts with my working out Desktop
    >>and
    >>I can't see any differences.
    >>Regards
    >>David

    > What operating system?
    >
    > What version of Outhouse?
    >
    > What is the error message?

    Current Windows XP
    Regards
    David

    David, Jan 9, 2007
  4. David

    old man Guest

    Express I would think since OL has no newsreader capability

    old man, Jan 9, 2007
  5. David

    David Guest

    "old man" <> wrote in message
    > Express I would think since OL has no newsreader capability
    >
    > "Evan Platt" <> wrote in message
    >> On Tue, 09 Jan 2007 17:00:16 GMT, "David" <> wrote:
    >>
    >> >I have a strange situation with my new laptop if I 'Sync. all' it times

    > out
    >> >on connecting to to my ISP pop3 server.
    >> >If I 'Sync.' Newsgroups' it downlods these. Following this if I 'Sync.

    > all'
    >> >then it downloads my e-mails followed by NGs.
    >> >I've checked my programme settings/accounts with my working out Desktop

    > and
    >> >I can't see any differences.
    >> >Regards
    >> >David

    >> What operating system?
    >>
    >> What version of Outhouse?
    >>
    >> What is the error message?

    It is Outlook Express, it will be the latest version, as with IE which is
    V7.
    Working now but something to the effect Not responding and should it stop or
    wait, this comes after the setting in options which is the default of 60
    sec.
    Regards
    David

    David, Jan 9, 2007
  6. David

    Evan Platt Guest

    On Tue, 09 Jan 2007 17:52:36 GMT, "David" <> wrote:

    >> What operating system?
    >>
    >> What version of Outhouse?
    >>
    >> What is the error message?

    >Current Windows XP
    >Regards
    >David

    Ok, that answered one of the questions. 1 down, 2 to go.

    Evan Platt, Jan 9, 2007
  7. David

    Evan Platt Guest

    On Tue, 09 Jan 2007 18:22:40 GMT, "David" <> wrote:

    >It is Outlook Express, it will be the latest version, as with IE which is
    >V7.
    >Working now but something to the effect Not responding and should it stop or
    >wait, this comes after the setting in options which is the default of 60
    >sec.

    Hmm.. "Something to the effect of..."

    Ok, once you get the EXACT wording, come back.

    Evan Platt, Jan 9, 2007
  8. David

    David Guest

    "Evan Platt" <> wrote in message
    > On Tue, 09 Jan 2007 18:22:40 GMT, "David" <> wrote:
    >
    >>It is Outlook Express, it will be the latest version, as with IE which is
    >>V7.
    >>Working now but something to the effect Not responding and should it stop
    >>or
    >>wait, this comes after the setting in options which is the default of 60
    >>sec.

    > Hmm.. "Something to the effect of..."
    >
    > Ok, once you get the EXACT wording, come back.

    OUTLOOK EXPRESS
    Your Pop3 server has not responded in 60secs.
    Would you like to wait another 60secs for the sever to respond?
    Accont No.2
    Server pop.tesco.net "Wait" "Stop"

    --
    Regards,
    David

    Please reply to News Group

    David, Jan 9, 2007
  9. David

    Flying Rat Guest

    In article <9wRoh.14961$>,
    says...

    > "Evan Platt" <> wrote in message
    > > On Tue, 09 Jan 2007 18:22:40 GMT, "David" <> wrote:
    > >
    > >>It is Outlook Express, it will be the latest version, as with IE which is
    > >>V7.
    > >>Working now but something to the effect Not responding and should it stop
    > >>or
    > >>wait, this comes after the setting in options which is the default of 60
    > >>sec.

    > > Hmm.. "Something to the effect of..."
    > >
    > > Ok, once you get the EXACT wording, come back.

    > OUTLOOK EXPRESS
    > Your Pop3 server has not responded in 60secs.
    > Would you like to wait another 60secs for the sever to respond?
    > Accont No.2
    > Server pop.tesco.net "Wait" "Stop"

    well there's a start, the mail server is mail.tesco.net for both pop3
    and smtp.

    Change them then try again.

    FR

    Flying Rat, Jan 9, 2007
  10. Evan Platt wrote:
    > On Tue, 09 Jan 2007 17:52:36 GMT, "David" <> wrote:
    >
    >>> What operating system?
    >>>
    >>> What version of Outhouse?
    >>>
    >>> What is the error message?

    >>Current Windows XP
    >>Regards
    >>David

    > Ok, that answered one of the questions. 1 down, 2 to go.

    :)

    --
    Blinky RLU 297263
    Killing all posts from Google Groups

    Blinky the Shark, Jan 9, 2007
  11. David

    1932 Guest

    "David" <> wrote in message

    > "Flying Rat" <> wrote in message
    >> In article <9wRoh.14961$>,
    >> says...
    >>>
    >>> "Evan Platt" <> wrote in message

    >>> OUTLOOK EXPRESS
    >>> Your Pop3 server has not responded in 60secs.
    >>> Would you like to wait another 60secs for the sever to respond?
    >>> Accont No.2
    >>> Server pop.tesco.net "Wait" "Stop"
    >>>

    >> well there's a start, the mail server is mail.tesco.net for both pop3
    >> and smtp.
    >>
    >> Change them then try again.

    > Server Settings for this account are.
    >
    > My incoming mail server is a POP3 server
    > Incoming mail (POP3) mail.tesco.net
    > Outgoing mail (SMTP) smtp.tesco.net
    >
    > Which of these 3 is wrong and what do I change to?
    >
    > NOTE these are the same as my PC which works.
    >
    > Regards
    > David

    Go have a read here David
    http://www.tesco.net/webspace/step8_pc_p2.asp

    1932, Jan 9, 2007
  12. David

    David Guest

    David, Jan 9, 2007
  13. David

    Flying Rat Guest

    In article <MSSoh.61022$>,
    says...

    > "Flying Rat" <> wrote in message
    > > In article <9wRoh.14961$>,
    > > says...
    > >>
    > >> "Evan Platt" <> wrote in message

    > >> OUTLOOK EXPRESS
    > >> Your Pop3 server has not responded in 60secs.
    > >> Would you like to wait another 60secs for the sever to respond?
    > >> Accont No.2
    > >> Server pop.tesco.net "Wait" "Stop"
    > >>

    > > well there's a start, the mail server is mail.tesco.net for both pop3
    > > and smtp.
    > >
    > > Change them then try again.

    > Server Settings for this account are.
    >
    > My incoming mail server is a POP3 server
    > Incoming mail (POP3) mail.tesco.net
    > Outgoing mail (SMTP) smtp.tesco.net
    >
    > Which of these 3 is wrong and what do I change to?
    >
    > NOTE these are the same as my PC which works.
    >
    > Regards
    > David

    I just told you, it's mail.tesco.net for both. So change the SMTP one.
    It might be hanging if there is a message in the queue waiting to be
    sent.

    FR

    Flying Rat, Jan 9, 2007
  14. David

    David Guest

    "Flying Rat" <> wrote in message
    > In article <MSSoh.61022$>,
    > says...
    >>
    >> "Flying Rat" <> wrote in message
    >> > In article <9wRoh.14961$>,
    >> > says...

    >> > well there's a start, the mail server is mail.tesco.net for both pop3
    >> > and smtp.
    >> >
    >> > Change them then try again.

    >> Server Settings for this account are.
    >>
    >> My incoming mail server is a POP3 server
    >> Incoming mail (POP3) mail.tesco.net
    >> Outgoing mail (SMTP) smtp.tesco.net
    >>
    >> Which of these 3 is wrong and what do I change to?
    >>
    >> NOTE these are the same as my PC which works.
    >>
    >> Regards
    >> David
    >> >

    > I just told you, it's mail.tesco.net for both. So change the SMTP one.
    > It might be hanging if there is a message in the queue waiting to be
    > sent.

    No I've just made them both mail.tesco.net and still no success.

    So have made them the same as the working PC, ie.
    pop.tesco.net and smtp.tesco.net

    Regards
    David

    David, Jan 9, 2007