Laptop Screen IBM Thinkpad 600 - Size problem

Discussion in 'NZ Computing' started by Chris, Dec 14, 2004.

  1. Chris

    Chris Guest

    Hi Everyone, Merry CHristmas to all.

    AS above the laptop runs win98se after a kid stuffed up the passwords on
    Win2K. Screen LCD settings - will not maximize without poor quality.
    Great on "mini screen" size though :(
    Set-up shows 640 X 480 screen area , 16 colours max.
    Using Std PCI Graphics Adapter (vga)- v4.0
    Monitor tab shows - laptop Display panel 1024x768

    What's Wrong Though?

    Do i need another display driver and if so which one where? IBM site
    could not find what I thought would do. Reloaded Think pad Config
    utilities with no effect on screen other than LCD screen Expansion =
    Enable and poor resolution occurs again.

    Help!

    Please reply to home address and News group thanks everyone

    TIA

    Chris

    Chris, Dec 14, 2004

  2. Chris

    Adder Guest

    In article <> in nz.comp on Wed, 15 Dec 2004
    09:09:52 +1300, Chris <> says...
    > Hi Everyone, Merry CHristmas to all.
    >
    > AS above the laptop runs win98se after a kid stuffed up the passwords on
    > Win2K. Screen LCD settings - will not maximize without poor quality.
    > Great on "mini screen" size though :(
    > Set-up shows 640 X 480 screen area , 16 colours max.
    > Using Std PCI Graphics Adapter (vga)- v4.0
    > Monitor tab shows - laptop Display panel 1024x768
    >
    > What's Wrong Though?
    >
    > Do i need another display driver and if so which one where? IBM site
    > could not find what I thought would do. Reloaded Think pad Config
    > utilities with no effect on screen other than LCD screen Expansion =
    > Enable and poor resolution occurs again.

    reload 2k as it will probbably have the drivers included
    you can't expect ongoing support for an obsolete os like 98

    Adder, Dec 14, 2004

  3. Chris

    Adder, Dec 14, 2004
  4. Chris

    Alex Axolotl Guest

    Chris wrote:

    > Hi Everyone, Merry CHristmas to all.
    >
    > AS above the laptop runs win98se after a kid stuffed up the passwords on
    > Win2K. Screen LCD settings - will not maximize without poor quality.
    > Great on "mini screen" size though :(
    > Set-up shows 640 X 480 screen area , 16 colours max.
    > Using Std PCI Graphics Adapter (vga)- v4.0
    > Monitor tab shows - laptop Display panel 1024x768
    >
    > What's Wrong Though?
    >
    > Do i need another display driver and if so which one where? IBM site
    > could not find what I thought would do. Reloaded Think pad Config
    > utilities with no effect on screen other than LCD screen Expansion =
    > Enable and poor resolution occurs again.
    >
    > Help!
    >
    > Please reply to home address and News group thanks everyone
    >
    > TIA
    >
    > Chris

    No Guarantee with this but

    Go to Control Panel / Display / Settings / Advanced / Adapter / click
    change and then display list of all drivers then show all button and
    navigate to standard types and set to 1024 x 768

    You can also load the correct driver there if you have it, or look and
    see what Win98 has under IBM, it has a Thinkpad entry.

    Heres a link to a Thinkpad 600 video driver
    http://tinyurl.com/6vfhp
    http://www.ibm.com/support/docview....context=HWM26&dc=D430&loc=en_US&lang=en&cc=US
    and heres a link to the monitor drivers
    http://tinyurl.com/56qbe
    http://www-1.ibm.com/support/docvie...context=HWM26&dc=D430&loc=en_US&lang=en&cc=US
    They are the same for 2k & XP and the rest of the drivers are at
    http://tinyurl.com/5fx55

    Alex Axolotl, Dec 14, 2004
  5. Chris

    Alex Axolotl Guest

    Alex Axolotl, Dec 14, 2004
  6. Chris

    Chris Guest

    Alex Axolotl wrote:

    > No Guarantee with this but
    >
    > Go to Control Panel / Display / Settings / Advanced / Adapter / click
    > change and then display list of all drivers then show all button and
    > navigate to standard types and set to 1024 x 768
    >
    > You can also load the correct driver there if you have it, or look and
    > see what Win98 has under IBM, it has a Thinkpad entry.
    >
    > Heres a link to a Thinkpad 600 video driver
    > http://tinyurl.com/6vfhp
    > http://www.ibm.com/support/docview....context=HWM26&dc=D430&loc=en_US&lang=en&cc=US
    >
    > and heres a link to the monitor drivers
    > http://tinyurl.com/56qbe
    > http://www-1.ibm.com/support/docvie...context=HWM26&dc=D430&loc=en_US&lang=en&cc=US
    >
    > They are the same for 2k & XP and the rest of the drivers are at
    > http://tinyurl.com/5fx55

    Thanks Alex
    Yes that was the file I needed. Installed OK and fixed the Problem.

    Cheers and Have a great Christmas.

    Chris

    Chris, Dec 14, 2004
  7. Chris