    might be happening , please let me know.
    thanks in advance for your time and efforts.
    jinxy
    jinxy, Nov 23, 2008

  2. jinxy

    Paul Guest

    jinxy wrote:
    > Hello, I have a Toshiba Sat. A70. I just recently ran the restore
    > disk
    > and the machine is running fine . Only one issue ,and that is that
    > the
    > screen is quite dull and not bright as it shoud be. When I try to
    > adjust the display ,nothing changes. The graphics are an ATI mobility
    > Radeon 9000 igp. The driver version is 6.14.10.6444. I tried to see
    > if
    > there is a newer driver but no luck. I have also checked the settings
    > in the power management utility. If you have any ideas as to what
    > might be happening , please let me know.
    > thanks in advance for your time and efforts.
    > jinxy

    Did you get the driver from the manufacturer ? I would try
    a Toshiba provided driver first, to establish baseline
    behavior.

    Is it possible, that some other driver installation from
    the manufacturer, restores that kind of setting ?

    Paul
    Paul, Nov 23, 2008

  3. jinxy

    Nelson Ogden Guest

    It sounds to me that it is dimmed to save power. If the hothey combination
    to adjust the brightness does not work at all (either up or down), there is
    probably still a driver or software missing. I don't know what software in
    particular you would need because I am not familiar with that exact model.
    Just something to look into.

    Nelson

    Nelson Ogden, Nov 25, 2008