    safe mode,any idea's how i can stop this.

    many thanks
    mike

    Michael, Aug 9, 2005

  2. Michael

    dworkin Guest

    Michael wrote:

    > I have a win 98se laptop,its suddenly kept booting up in safe mode,i
    > have formatted the HD and put back the operating system,but it still
    > boots up in safe mode,any idea's how i can stop this.
    >
    > many thanks
    > mike

    On a clean install, I'd expect this symptom to mean the video chip has
    failed. You could try booting with Knoppix and see if the video is bad
    there, too. If it is, then you'll know the hardware has failed. On such
    an old laptop, you would need to just replace the machine.

    Malke
    --
    "That'll be 10 quid."

    dworkin, Aug 9, 2005

  3. Michael

    Ron Martell Guest

    "Michael" <pel320@> wrote:

    >I have a win 98se laptop,its suddenly kept booting up in safe mode,i have
    >formatted the HD and put back the operating system,but it still boots up in
    >safe mode,any idea's how i can stop this.
    >
    > many thanks
    > mike

    The Computer Always Starts in Safe Mode
    Article ID : 306615