Laptop running sluggish on certain activities

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by raybonds@gmail.com, Dec 18, 2007.

  1. Guest

    I have HP laptop with the following specs

    1280MB RAM DDR
    Celeron Processor 2.8 GHZ
    80 GB Hardrive
    Microprocesor Cache 128kb L2 Cache
    ATI Mobility Radeon 9000 IGP 64MB(Shared)

    When playing audio, playing a video from the net or locally from a dvd
    my laptop seems to run very sluggish.

    In order to correct the problem i have ran msconfig and allowed only
    the virus software to start up with the system.
    Also i have went into system performace and configured the system to
    run for performance rather than for visual. After doing all of these
    steps my system still seems to run sluggish at times.

    Is there any else that I can do?

    Any help is greatly appreciated.

    , Dec 18, 2007

  2. Meat Plow Guest

    On Tue, 18 Dec 2007 11:02:03 -0800, raybonds wrote:

    > I have HP laptop with the following specs
    >
    > 1280MB RAM DDR
    > Celeron Processor 2.8 GHZ
    > 80 GB Hardrive
    > Microprocesor Cache 128kb L2 Cache
    > ATI Mobility Radeon 9000 IGP 64MB(Shared)
    >
    > When playing audio, playing a video from the net or locally from a dvd
    > my laptop seems to run very sluggish.
    >
    > In order to correct the problem i have ran msconfig and allowed only
    > the virus software to start up with the system.
    > Also i have went into system performace and configured the system to
    > run for performance rather than for visual. After doing all of these
    > steps my system still seems to run sluggish at times.
    >
    > Is there any else that I can do?
    >
    > Any help is greatly appreciated.

    Open up the task manager and locate what process(s) are using the most CPU
    then post the results.

    Meat Plow, Dec 18, 2007

  3. PeeCee Guest

    > Celeron Processor 2.8 GHZ

    This will be your bottle neck.
    Celerons were never much good at Media tasks.

    > Any help is greatly appreciated.

    Best
    Paul.

    PeeCee, Dec 18, 2007