    Can anyone give me an idea of how Sony stacks up against the
    other well known brands as for trouble free operation and the like.
    thanks.
    SCR, Feb 12, 2006

  2. SCR

    JANA Guest

    Sony makes excellent TV sets, high end audio equipment, and especially
    professional broadcast equipment. But, their consumer type computers are not
    the best for the dollars spent. You would most likely have better value with
    a Dell, HP, Toshiba, or Compaq laptop.

    Note: The life span limitation for a laptop computer is somewhat
    proportional to the G-force applied, and the frequency of occurrence when
    dropped. Most every laptop seems to have its share of being dropped!

    --

    JANA
    _____

    Considering purchasing a new SONY VGNFS810 laptop.
    JANA, Feb 12, 2006

  3. SCR

    bob Guest

    "JANA" <> wrote in message
    > Sony makes excellent TV sets, high end audio equipment, and especially
    > professional broadcast equipment. But, their consumer type computers are
    > not
    > the best for the dollars spent. You would most likely have better value
    > with
    > a Dell, HP, Toshiba, or Compaq laptop.
    >
    > Note: The life span limitation for a laptop computer is somewhat
    > proportional to the G-force applied, and the frequency of occurrence when
    > dropped. Most every laptop seems to have its share of being dropped!

    how bout that panasonic, the "tough book"..

    bob
    bob, Feb 15, 2006