Laptop recommendations wanted.

Discussion in 'NZ Computing' started by EMB, Feb 19, 2005.

  1. EMB

    ~misfit~ Guest

    EMB wrote:
    > ~misfit~ wrote:
    >
    >> Nice sounding machine. Good CPU, reasonable manufacturer (<g>) and
    >> not a bad price.

    > The thing that finally tipped the scales in it's favour was watching a
    > consultant drop his one (no case) onto the footpath outside work on
    > Monday. He picked it up, wiped the dust off it, and fired it up no
    > problems - I was expecting it to turn into an expensive paperweight.

    Wow! Seriously, wow! That's a damn good reason to buy one. I've seen lappies
    that break if you cough and don't put your hand to your mouth while facing
    in their general direction.

    Good score, please, keep us updated if anything goes wrong or exceptionaly
    well.

    Cheers,
    --
    ~misfit~

    ~misfit~, Feb 23, 2005

  2. EMB

    ~misfit~ Guest

    Roger Johnstone wrote:
    > In <421bce2f$1_1@127.0.0.1> ~misfit~ wrote:
    >
    > re: Dick Smith Electronics web site
    >
    >> Product key XC3486 (I can't paste a link from this machine as it
    >> automatically logs me in as I'm a VIP customer and have cookies on my
    >> machine. If I paste a link you can then follow it and find out *all*
    >> my details. Sucks huh?)

    > I used to find that a pain too, until I noticed there's an 'e-mail
    > page link' button on each product page. Click that and it does a
    > mailto: complete with the following in the email body:
    >
    > ACER Notebook
    > http://www.dse.co.nz/cgi-bin/dse.storefront/en/product/XC3486
    >
    > Of course you can just change the end of the link to any catalogue
    > number you like.

    Thanks for that Roger. Handy to know.
    --
    ~misfit~