    same thing happens?
    If anyone has any ideas I'd appreciate it.
    Thanks.

    Paul, Apr 27, 2009

  2. "Paul" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > Hi everyone,
    >
    > In the past few hours, my Toshiba Satellite M100 has developed a
    > problem with the recovery DVD.
    > This morning, I restored the computer to factory state, and everything
    > went fine. I then realised I'd forgotten something so decided to run
    > the recovery again about 4 hours later.
    > The screen says 'Loading RAMDISK Image', the progress bar fills up at
    > the bottom, the mouse pointer appears then two seconds later it
    > reboots.
    > I find it difficult to believe something has gone wrong with the
    > hardware in that 4 hours. I've also made a copy of the disk but the
    > same thing happens?
    > If anyone has any ideas I'd appreciate it.
    > Thanks.

    What else would U expect from a Toshitba?

    --\) * SItRe JoSePheNNe MAGAnA * \(--, Apr 27, 2009

  3. Paul

    Paul Guest

    On Apr 27, 6:50 pm, "--\) * SItRe JoSePheNNe MAGAnA * \(--"
    <> wrote:
    > "Paul" <> wrote in message

    > > Hi everyone,

    > > In the past few hours, my Toshiba Satellite M100 has developed a
    > > problem with the recovery DVD.
    > > This morning, I restored the computer to factory state, and everything
    > > went fine. I then realised I'd forgotten something so decided to run
    > > the recovery again about 4 hours later.
    > > The screen says 'Loading RAMDISK Image', the progress bar fills up at
    > > the bottom, the mouse pointer appears then two seconds later it
    > > reboots.
    > > I find it difficult to believe something has gone wrong with the
    > > hardware in that 4 hours. I've also made a copy of the disk but the
    > > same thing happens?
    > > If anyone has any ideas I'd appreciate it.
    > > Thanks.

    > What else would U expect from a Toshitba?

    I've had Toshiba laptops for years and never had a single problem
    until now.
    Also, thanks for your helpful reply.

    Paul, Apr 27, 2009
  4. "Brian Cryer" <not.here@localhost> wrote in message
    > "Paul" <> wrote in message
    >> Hi everyone,
    >>
    >> In the past few hours, my Toshiba Satellite M100 has developed a
    >> problem with the recovery DVD.
    >> This morning, I restored the computer to factory state, and everything
    >> went fine. I then realised I'd forgotten something so decided to run
    >> the recovery again about 4 hours later.
    >> The screen says 'Loading RAMDISK Image', the progress bar fills up at
    >> the bottom, the mouse pointer appears then two seconds later it
    >> reboots.
    >> I find it difficult to believe something has gone wrong with the
    >> hardware in that 4 hours. I've also made a copy of the disk but the
    >> same thing happens?
    >> If anyone has any ideas I'd appreciate it.
    >> Thanks.

    > Its not getting too hot by any chance?
    > --
    > Brian Cryer
    > www.cryer.co.uk/brian

    Y wud it b getting 2 hot he juz turned it on?

    --\) * SItRe JoSePheNNe MAGAnA * \(--, Apr 27, 2009
  5. Paul

    Paul Guest

    On Apr 27, 7:08 pm, "Brian Cryer" <not.here@localhost> wrote:
    > "Paul" <> wrote in message

    > > Hi everyone,

    > > In the past few hours, my Toshiba Satellite M100 has developed a
    > > problem with the recovery DVD.
    > > This morning, I restored the computer to factory state, and everything
    > > went fine. I then realised I'd forgotten something so decided to run
    > > the recovery again about 4 hours later.
    > > The screen says 'Loading RAMDISK Image', the progress bar fills up at
    > > the bottom, the mouse pointer appears then two seconds later it
    > > reboots.
    > > I find it difficult to believe something has gone wrong with the
    > > hardware in that 4 hours. I've also made a copy of the disk but the
    > > same thing happens?
    > > If anyone has any ideas I'd appreciate it.
    > > Thanks.

    > Its not getting too hot by any chance?
    > --
    > Brian Cryerwww.cryer.co.uk/brian

    Hi Brian,

    I wouldn't have thought so, I'm running a cooling pad under it.
    According to the specs I've found before, the HD is 10C below the max
    and the CPU is 25C below the max.
    I also forgot to mention that I haven't changed anything in the BIOS.
    I don't think any software on the HD would have this effect as its not
    touching Windows or anything else thats installed when I boot from the
    DVD.

    Paul

    Paul, Apr 27, 2009
  6. Paul

    chuckcar Guest

    Paul <> wrote in

    > Hi everyone,
    >
    > In the past few hours, my Toshiba Satellite M100 has developed a
    > problem with the recovery DVD.
    > This morning, I restored the computer to factory state, and everything
    > went fine. I then realised I'd forgotten something so decided to run
    > the recovery again about 4 hours later.
    > The screen says 'Loading RAMDISK Image', the progress bar fills up at
    > the bottom, the mouse pointer appears then two seconds later it
    > reboots.
    > I find it difficult to believe something has gone wrong with the
    > hardware in that 4 hours. I've also made a copy of the disk but the
    > same thing happens?
    > If anyone has any ideas I'd appreciate it.
    > Thanks.

    A couple things to try and make sure of.

    1. Enter the BIOS and load the BIOS defaults.
    2. Unplug *anything* in PCMCIA, Fireware or USB ports before you run the
    recovery. They're meant to be run *only* with the factory installed
    hardware.

    --
    (setq (chuck nil) car(chuck) )

    chuckcar, Apr 27, 2009
  7. Paul

    Evan Platt Guest

    On Mon, 27 Apr 2009 21:57:05 +0000 (UTC), chuckcar <>
    wrote:

    >A couple things to try and make sure of.
    >
    >1. Enter the BIOS and load the BIOS defaults.

    Do NOT follow chucktards advice.

    Between his canned "Reset your BIOS" and Dan C's "Format your hard
    drive", there may be an IQ of 30 - on a good day.

    Evan Platt, Apr 28, 2009
  8. Paul

    Evan Platt Guest

    On Tue, 28 Apr 2009 09:02:22 +0100, "Brian Cryer" <not.here@localhost>
    wrote:

    >I can't comment on previous posts, but Chuckcar's advice here seems sound.
    >I've never known it to be unsafe loading the BIOS defaults. Similarly
    >unplugging everything else is a good idea - I've known two different
    >computers fail to boot because of extra devices plugged in.

    To a more advanced user, yes, I might recommend a reset of BIOS
    defaults. To a novice user? No, I wouldn't recommend it.

    Evan Platt, Apr 28, 2009
  9. Paul

    chuckcar Guest

    > "Evan Platt" <> wrote in message
    >> On Mon, 27 Apr 2009 21:57:05 +0000 (UTC), chuckcar <>
    >> wrote:
    >>
    >>>A couple things to try and make sure of.
    >>>
    >>>1. Enter the BIOS and load the BIOS defaults.

    >> Do NOT follow chucktards advice.
    >>
    >> Between his canned "Reset your BIOS" and Dan C's "Format your hard
    >> drive", there may be an IQ of 30 - on a good day.

    > I can't comment on previous posts, but Chuckcar's advice here seems
    > sound. I've never known it to be unsafe loading the BIOS defaults.
    > Similarly unplugging everything else is a good idea - I've known two
    > different computers fail to boot because of extra devices plugged in.

    In fact most name brand restore disks (if not all) *won't* work at *all*
    without the original hardware as they don't have any other drivers, so
    hence they fail. The BIOS step is just about the only other thing that
    *can* be wrong - short of a BIOS hook to a virus.

    --
    (setq (chuck nil) car(chuck) )

    chuckcar, Apr 28, 2009
  10. Paul

    Guest

    chuckcar <> wrote:

    >> I can't comment on previous posts, but Chuckcar's advice here seems
    >> sound. I've never known it to be unsafe loading the BIOS defaults.
    >> Similarly unplugging everything else is a good idea - I've known two
    >> different computers fail to boot because of extra devices plugged in.

    >In fact most name brand restore disks (if not all) *won't* work at *all*
    >without the original hardware as they don't have any other drivers, so
    >hence they fail. The BIOS step is just about the only other thing that
    >*can* be wrong - short of a BIOS hook to a virus.

    (setq (chuck nil) car(chuck) )
    Chucktard, Chuckturd, Idiot, Clueless, Stupid and many more names this
    persons is called as time goes on. He makes no friends and alienates
    all he comes in contact with.

    He will give wrong information, stick to it to his last breath, then
    change his stance to the proper solution when it appears - taking
    credit for it as well.

    This person has no self pity and will steal others advice as his own.
    It's quite obvious when it happens.

    (setq (chuck nil) car(chuck) ) always has to appear right or correct
    and those long threads you see involving him is a "who can last the
    longest" or just the fact that he has to be right no matter how wrong
    he is. and I swear, last post appears important as well, an awful
    combination.

    While this is no problem and has happened before, this person will
    give advice that can cause you to lose your data, lose your computer
    (bad bios info) or just flat screw you.

    (setq (chuck nil) car(chuck) ) running Win98, a person who has never
    used a NT OS yet feels quite comfortable giving advice he has never
    used himself.

    This group likes the fact it's able to help others, (setq (chuck nil)
    car(chuck) ) really doesn't care about the user, just how he comes
    across (and that's always him being seen as right)

    But (setq (chuck nil) car(chuck) ) anytime you come up with some of
    your bogus advice, I will call you on it.

    Seriously if you receive advice from (setq (chuck nil) car(chuck) ),
    google the information first to see if it's even in the ball park.

    Pennywise.
    --

    http://whybenormal.today.com/files/2009/04/no-matter-what.jpg

    , Apr 29, 2009