Laptop-Projector Problem

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by tigercat, Oct 2, 2003.

  1. tigercat

    tigercat Guest

    A guy at work has a Dell Inspiron 8200.
    It runs Win XP Prof. SP1.
    512MB Ram
    4-M CPU 2.00 GHZ
    37.2 GB/26 GB Free

    The laptop used to be able to work with a Projector for Powerpoint
    presentations. The projector is a: Plus U3-11002 Projector.

    Supposedly, I should be able to hit the "Fn" key with the "F8" [CRT/LCD] key
    and toggle back and forth. However, this doesn't work. I was also told
    that perhaps I should hit the "Fn" key and the "F5" [A/A] key but this
    doesn't work either.

    I think the error message I get is: that there's no S-Video Input, but I
    tested this Projector on a Compaq/HP laptop and it worked immediately.

    The user must have screwed something up on this laptop, but I can't figure
    it out and of course, he doesn't know either. The laptop works fine in all
    other respects.

    Any ideas, thoughts are appreciated. Please write suggestions here or
    preferably e-mail them to:

    Thank you!

    tigercat, Oct 2, 2003

  2. tigercat

    JabberSmith Guest

    S-video output will require drivers. Check for an update for the chipset
    (motherboard) or the video card. Use the tag on the bottom to get a list
    from the Dell support site.

    The "CRT/LCD" toggle only works with the vga output on the back, NOT with
    the S-video. Try using a normal computer VGA cable with the projector
    instead.

    JabberSmith, Oct 2, 2003

  3. tigercat

    tigercat Guest