    several put on at an electricians but they're obviously not robust enough,
    one just fell apart when I extracted it today. A replacement from Toshiba
    costs £55, I'm not a skinflint but won't just any generic power cables do?
    Chris, Dec 30, 2005

  2. Chris

    burris Guest

    Chris wrote:
    > We have a Toshiba Satellite 1130 Laptop. The 18v AC adaptor is basically
    > knackered at the small jackplug input point to the computer. I've had
    > several put on at an electricians but they're obviously not robust enough,
    > one just fell apart when I extracted it today. A replacement from Toshiba
    > costs £55, I'm not a skinflint but won't just any generic power cables do?

    I don't think so....

    Look on Ebay. I just got one, brand new for a 2400..comes from Hong
    Kong..I think the price was $5.95 + $14.95 shipping. Not a bad deal. It
    was a buy now entry....
    burris, Dec 30, 2005

  3. Chris

    AGEE Guest

    On Fri, 30 Dec 2005 20:56:37 +0000 (UTC), "Chris" <> wrote:

    >We have a Toshiba Satellite 1130 Laptop. The 18v AC adaptor is basically
    >knackered at the small jackplug input point to the computer. I've had
    >several put on at an electricians but they're obviously not robust enough,
    >one just fell apart when I extracted it today. A replacement from Toshiba
    >costs £55, I'm not a skinflint but won't just any generic power cables do?

    Provided it can match the voltage and power requirements of the laptop
    yes. I've had a couple of PSUs for laptops go in the last year. One of
    them with the problem you describe. I could have fixed it but the
    users would have buggered it up again in weeks. Replaced them with
    universal PSUs from the shop under our office for £29 ea.
    AGEE, Dec 31, 2005
  4. Chris

    Meat Plow Guest

    On Fri, 30 Dec 2005 20:56:37 +0000, Chris wrote:

    > We have a Toshiba Satellite 1130 Laptop. The 18v AC adaptor is basically
    > knackered at the small jackplug input point to the computer. I've had
    > several put on at an electricians but they're obviously not robust enough,
    > one just fell apart when I extracted it today. A replacement from Toshiba
    > costs £55, I'm not a skinflint but won't just any generic power cables do?

    Make sure it has the correct watt rating, the polarity of the tip and the
    voltage is the same and yes, it will be fine. I own 4 laptops by the way
    and use generic supplies for all.
    Meat Plow, Dec 31, 2005