    I bought a used laptop at a really good price . It works perfect on ac power
    but it only lasts about 2 minutes on battery power. A new battery did not
    help . Is it worth keeping. what could be the problem,..
    Andy Petro, Apr 19, 2005

  2. Andy Petro

    pcbutts1 Guest

    What laptop.

    pcbutts1, Apr 19, 2005

  3. > I bought a used laptop at a really good price . It works perfect on ac
    power
    > but it only lasts about 2 minutes on battery power. A new battery did not
    > help . Is it worth keeping. what could be the problem,..

    The AC Power Adapter might not be the proper one for that unit, and is not
    putting out enough amperage to recharge the battery.

    Ricky

    RDO Computer Services, Apr 19, 2005
  4. Andy Petro

    wwwATyyDOTz Guest

    On Tue, 19 Apr 2005 06:51:31 -0500, "RDO Computer Services"
    <> wrote:

    >> I bought a used laptop at a really good price . It works perfect on ac

    >power
    >> but it only lasts about 2 minutes on battery power. A new battery did not
    >> help . Is it worth keeping. what could be the problem,..

    >The AC Power Adapter might not be the proper one for that unit, and is not
    >putting out enough amperage to recharge the battery.
    >
    >Ricky

    either that or the circuitry for recharging the batt is stuffed.
    wwwATyyDOTz, Apr 20, 2005