Laptop now can't connect to Oki network printer

Discussion in 'NZ Computing' started by Boppy, Aug 5, 2011.

  1. Boppy

    Boppy Guest

    Some changes were made to my office network recently. I can still connect to the network and associated Brother printer but can no longer print to the Oki printer.

    I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling the Oki many times but to no avail - it's found in the "add new printer" dialog but just won't print a test page.

    Nor can I print to the Oki by plugging a USB cable in to my laptop.

    I have run the Microsoft Fit It utility and get this message:

    "Applications may not be printing to printer \\Compaq\OKI C3300 because it is not the default printer. Not fixed
    Network problems might be preventing the printer from printing. "

    Making Oki the default printer does not resolve the issue.

    I've also removed Okidata under Software in my registry.

    I wonder if anyone can suggest anything else to try.

    Thanks in advance,
    Jo

    Boppy, Aug 5, 2011

  2. Boppy

    Squiggle Guest

    On 5/08/2011 10:17 p.m., EMB threw some characters down the intarwebs:
    > On 5/08/2011 3:16 p.m., Boppy wrote:
    >
    >> I wonder if anyone can suggest anything else to try.

    > It's a business network - so pay someone with the appropriate expertise
    > to sort it out.

    This, but before you do that try turning the OKI off for a few minutes
    then restarting it, was having problems with the OKI at work (might
    have been caused by a power spike, but could be coincidental) and did
    the install/uninstall thing and rebooted the work laptop didn't work.
    Power cycling the printer seemed to fix the issue.

    Squiggle, Aug 8, 2011