    broadband herself and use that, she isn't afraid of paying she has told them
    that but they won't do it.

    Cheers

    DannyD, Apr 5, 2006

  2. DannyD

    old man Guest

    I believe there has been a misinterpretation of what you want/your
    requirements
    It would be up to you to connect the Laptop, the Authority cannot do it for
    you.
    It is extremely unlikely that the system has been locked.

    If the Laptop owners location already has an internet connection, then you
    would use the Ethernet connector on the laptop to either share the internet
    connection with another PC or via a router. Thereagain it maybe that the
    Laptop has built in wireless connection.

    We, perhaps, could be more specific if you let us know make/model of the
    Laptop

    "DannyD" <> wrote in message
    > My sister has a laptop given to her by the local Education authority to

    help
    > with her dyslexia, she wanted them to connect her to the Net so as my

    neice
    > can have the benefit of using that for her education, they have refused.

    How

    old man, Apr 5, 2006

  3. DannyD

    Whiskers Guest

    On 2006-04-05, DannyD <> wrote:
    > My sister has a laptop given to her by the local Education authority to help
    > with her dyslexia, she wanted them to connect her to the Net so as my neice
    > can have the benefit of using that for her education, they have refused. How
    > would I find out if they have locked the laptop up so as she can't get
    > broadband herself and use that, she isn't afraid of paying she has told them
    > that but they won't do it.
    >
    > Cheers

    Was the laptop given to her, or is it on loan? If it is programmed and/or
    intended for a particular purpose, and belongs to the LEA, then it's up to
    them what it can or cannot be used for - and they may well have very good
    reasons for not wanting it connected to the internet.

    If your niece's school requires her to have a computer and an internet
    connection at home, then that is a separate matter.

    There is of course no reason why your sister should not make her own
    arrangements to get a computer and an internet connection of her own, just
    as anyone else can. There are re-conditioned machines available if she
    can't afford a brand new one.

    --
    -- ^^^^^^^^^^
    -- Whiskers

    Whiskers, Apr 5, 2006
  4. DannyD

    Dan Evans Guest

    "DannyD" <> wrote in message
    > My sister has a laptop given to her by the local Education authority to
    > help with her dyslexia, she wanted them to connect her to the Net so as my
    > neice can have the benefit of using that for her education, they have
    > refused.

    Misuse of resources. The laptop was issued for one thing, you can't use it
    for something (someone) else.

    Dan

    Dan Evans, Apr 6, 2006