    start the Windows Firewall/Internet Connection Sharing (ICS) service".

    The only way I've found to restore connectivity is to reboot.

    What part of the Windows XP IQ test did I fail?

    Ike, Feb 17, 2007

  2. Ike

    Evan Platt Guest

    On Sat, 17 Feb 2007 08:11:25 -0800, Ike <> wrote:

    >When this P4/WXP laptop is revived from standby, it no longer "sees" the
    >wireless network. The icon indicates that it does, but there's no
    >connectivity. When I View Available Wireless Networks, there's nothing
    >there.

    What make / model laptop?

    Is the WiFi internal? A PC Card?

    Try disabling then re-enablinig wireless. You likely have a function
    key combination, or a physical switch.

    >If I try to repair, it doesn't get past DNS.

    Umm because you're not connected.

    Evan Platt, Feb 17, 2007

  3. Ike

    Ike Guest

    Evan Platt wrote:
    > On Sat, 17 Feb 2007 08:11:25 -0800, Ike <> wrote:
    >
    >> When this P4/WXP laptop is revived from standby, it no longer "sees" the
    >> wireless network. The icon indicates that it does, but there's no
    >> connectivity. When I View Available Wireless Networks, there's nothing
    >> there.

    > What make / model laptop?

    HP PAVILION ZV5000

    > Is the WiFi internal? A PC Card?

    INTERNAL - BROADCOM, WITH DRIVER 3.70.17.0

    > Try disabling then re-enablinig wireless. You likely have a function
    > key combination, or a physical switch.

    SWITCH - BUT DIDN'T MAKE A DIFFERENCE. ICON SHOWS CONNECTED THOUGH IT'S NOT.

    Ike, Feb 17, 2007